Production Shop Manager
| Full Time
Florida Operations & Show Support — Hagenbeck-Wallace
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice, Disney Live!,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Sesame Street Live!,DreamWorks Trolls The Experience
and Jurassic World LiveTour
. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.
The Production Shop Manager is responsible for day-to-day production activities within the scenic shop and the management of inventory, equipment and facility use. Provides production duties, work priorities, deadlines and manages installation schedules. This position must effectively communicate with team members to convey any installation challenges or coordination items. Responsible for ensuring all production is completed safely, efficiently, in a timely manner, and confirms the quality of the final product meets HW standards. The active monitoring and accurate reporting on costs is essential to the success of the scenic construction process. This position also oversees the inventory and warehousing of past productions, scenery and technical equipment including management of the props elements.
Essential Job Functions
- Direct and Supervise fabrication in the mill shop.
- Engineer and design structures, prototypes and mechanical drive trains.
- Production scheduling to ensure on-time delivery of scenic props and budget.
- Specifying and ordering materials appropriate to production jobs.
- Assign work duties and monitoring those work duties to maintain schedules.
- Ensure production and quality requirements are met in order to satisfy HW standards.
- Trouble-shooting and problem solving.
- Assist and help with show support of existing shows.
- Support and schedule refurb repairs.
- Assist in rehearsals for any changes or additions.
- Train, develop and mentor team members.
- Work with subcontractors meeting our requirements, budgets and schedule.
- Liaise among different departments in Feld Entertainment, i.e. LX and Show Support.
- Review team performances.
- Ensure health and safety guidelines are followed.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent in years of experience) in Theater with an emphasis in technical theater is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in technical design, construction, proven track record in a technical theatrical environment.
- Proven track record in fabrication of props and scenery for touring shows.
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience in a scene shop.
- Knowledge of all construction materials including, aluminum, steel, metals and wood finishes.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Strong verbal communication and leadership abilities.
- Supervisory skills are required.
- Mechanical skills in the use of hand and power tools, and gas and electric welders.
- Ability to read and understand floor plans, color renderings, electrical schematics, advanced construction plans or blueprints.
- Ability to instruct on material relevant to technical production labs.
- Practical experience in most forms of Welding.
- Practical hands/on experience in the world of Carpentry.
- Working knowledge of scenic painting and carving (sculpting).
- Must be able to travel as required and work nontraditional schedule that may include evenings and weekend to meet production deadlines and rehearsal needs.
- Must be able to lift and carry materials weighing between 50-100 pounds on a daily basis.
- Position requires prolonged standing, frequent bending or stooping and climbing of steps and ladders.
- Occasionally may be required to work on stage grid at a height of 60 feet.
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.