| Full Time
Florida Operations & Show Support — Safety & Compliance
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice, Disney Live!,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Sesame Street Live!,DreamWorks Trolls The Experience
and Jurassic World LiveTour
. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.
The Safety Director will formulate, develop and implement all safety and compliance functions for Feld Entertainment, Inc. Design and direct programs to reduce incidents, accidents, and occupational illness through a comprehensive plan that includes establishing safety standards, compliance with regulations, employee training, job safety and risk analysis, and an on-going assessment of the effectiveness of the program while providing regular performance reports to management.
*A resume is required to be considered for this position. Essential Job Functions
- Serves as an Environmental Health &Safety liaison amongst Feld executive management and business units and global colleagues.
- Participates in the development of strategies, policies and procedures to ensure a safe and healthy workplace at all fixed facilities and traveling show operations.
- Manages safety staff, including establishing safety goals, objectives, performance standards and appraises employee performance.
- Plans and conducts evaluations of potentially hazardous conditions. Advise senior management and employees on safe practices and potential hazards and corrective actions.
- Recommends plans for meeting legal requirements as well as establishing and maintaining safety principles for Associates and the public.
- Oversees safety program audits at all traveling shows and fixed facilities both foreign and domestic. Monitors program effectiveness. Work and coach appropriate managers and supervisors to implement corrective or preventative measures. Implement or recommend mitigation measures and follow up to ensure impact.
- Oversees development and implementation of the company safety policies and procedures for all Feld business units and establishes written performance standards, goals and objectives.
- Monitors compliance with local/state ordinances, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations and monitor regulatory arena for new/changing regulations and rulemaking.
- Oversee investigations of accidents involving employees and patrons.
- Work with risk management and workers compensation units to aggressively manage all insurance claims.
- Review all contractor and vendor safety programs. Regularly inspect their operations to assure compliance with Feld Entertainment’s safety and health requirements.
- 8-10 years of safety management experience, preferably with sports and entertainment or other large public access venues.
- Professional certification, Certified Safety Profession (CSP) Preferred.
- Commands leadership qualities through exhibiting strong technical safety skills, presentation skills and management organization skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.