Director of Photography
| Full Time
Marketing — Video Content
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Sesame Street Live!, Jurassic World Live Tour,
Spin Master. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated or be qualified for a medical or religious exemption. Proof of vaccination is required and may be submitted via the Company’s secure website. Florida employees may request exemption pursuant to FL House Bill No. 1-B. Fully vaccinated is defined as 14 days after the second dose of a two dose vaccine or 14 days after the single dose of a one dose vaccine.
Please note that all Mitigation Guidelines for touring employees remain in effect as do any applicable venue, local, state, and/or international requirements, rules, regulations, and/or laws in territories outside of Florida.)
Serves as FES in-house Director of Photography/videographer working with producers or independently. Ensures FES production standards are met or exceeded when content is captured, edited, and delivered. Responsible for directing and maintaining consistent quality looks between internal and external camera operators and videographers. Creates lighting plans for all production shoots, and lights all small productions or oversees electric, grips, and gaffers on large-scale productions. Hires and manages all touring videographers. Maintains, assigns, and manages all video production equipment. Makes recommendations for new capital equipment requests. Essential Functions
- In partnership with the Director of Production, coordinate videographer needs for all FEI & FMS shoot requests.
- Serves a Feld’s internal staff Director of Photography/videographer on an add need basis to include but not limited to Monster Jam Features, corporate events, BTS content, live event, television broadcasts, and digital content. Responsible for all lighting techniques, camera focal lengths, and video frame rates when to ensure the look and feel matches the producers or director’s intent. Responsible for creatively telling a story through images and sound.
- Works with internal Feld teams including but not limited to Monster Jam broadcast team, public relations, digital, global partnerships, brand, FMS operations, and AV team on a weekly basis to ensure all shot sheet & EDL requests are collected and communicated to video capture team.
- Is available to travel on a moment's notice and for extended travel dates to capture content for Feld production's domestic and international
- Attends weekly production meetings with Producers, tour managers, & AV managers to ensure assignments are effectively communicated, project timelines are met, and production schedules and driver needs are scheduled.
- Maintain an active Rolodex of skilled camera operators, and videographers who also have postproduction skill sets.
- Mentors and provides internal and external videographers with creative feedback to enhance overall Feld production quality.
- Consistently report to the production facility for standard working hours
- Edit content as needed and as time permits
- Must qualify and pass the FAA Drone licensing requirements within 8 months of employment.
- Assists in updating and maintaining all company drone protocols for internal use and the hiring of external partners.
- Interviews hires, and trains all staff touring videographers for Monster Jam season.
- Ability to work different schedules including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience concentration on video production.
- Minimum of 3 years as a Director of Photographer. 5+ year’s experience as videography in broadcast sports and commercial content with a showreel to prove it
- Extensive camera, lens, lighting, and audio knowledge
- Professional working knowledge of the Adobe Suite of products including Adobe Premiere and After Effects
- Experience in Drone Flight and filming techniques preferred.
- Expert in Adobe Suite of editing software such as Premiere Pro and After Effects.
- Expert in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, & PowerPoint
- Advanced knowledge of lens focal length, frame rates, and lighting techniques.
- Self-motivated with time management skills and the ability to multitask.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to lead in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs, bend, climb stairs and stand for an extended period.
- Understanding or ability to quickly learn job assignment software such as Smart Sheet, Rundown Creator, and Workfront.
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our employees, customers, and partners worldwide. We celebrate diversity and encourage our profoundly talented workforce to express themselves proudly. Our successful business model requires different perspectives and voices so that we can create the incredible live shows we put on. Come join us and help us light up the world.