Photo Producer and Editor
| Full Time
Marketing — Creative Services
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Sesame Street Live!, Jurassic World Live Tour,
Spin Master. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated or be qualified for a medical or religious exemption. Proof of vaccination is required and may be submitted via the Company’s secure website. Florida employees may request exemption pursuant to FL House Bill No. 1-B. Fully vaccinated is defined as 14 days after the second dose of a two dose vaccine or 14 days after the single dose of a one dose vaccine.
Please note that all Mitigation Guidelines for touring employees remain in effect as do any applicable venue, local, state, and/or international requirements, rules, regulations, and/or laws in territories outside of Florida.)
The Photo Producer and Editor work under the leadership of the Sr. Photo Producer managing and directing all assigned photo shoots within the Creative Services team. Responsible for creating shoot budgets including negotiation with outside photographers, review of estimates, and reconciliation post-shoot. Collaborates with art directors, Sr. Photo Producers, designers, video producers, Brand, Global Partnerships, and PR along with external partners to ensure the collective vision is articulated, planned for, and expertly and efficiently realized. Responsible for managing Associate Producers and retouchers, and freelance crews. Responsible for editing and retouching imagery to company and partner standards and creating approved selections to be used across media assets. Creates and presents producer shoot plans for approval to senior leadership. Ensures all legal releases are obtained and properly documented. Creates and maintains image catalogs to archive current and prior projects. Fulfill image searches for various business units and provide on-location production assistance as needed. Essential Functions
- Produce and direct all new photo shoots as requested; working with teams’ Sr. Photo Producers, art directors, live show producers, touring ops, casting, and performance directors. Set up and organize all shoots including but not limited to budgeting, hiring a photographer, creating call sheets, handling travel and catering logistics, setting up production meetings, Shot lists, and handling end-use file handling and delivery. Must have a strong eye for composition and the ability to translate concepts into tangible plans.
- Manages the fulfillment of images as requested. Select/edit imagery to Brand approved guidelines. Obtain proper approvals/rights for image use; create and/or order high-quality custom enlargements as required; scan, manipulate, and transmit digital images as needed.
- Manages all aspects of assigned photo projects from conception through final execution. Meets or exceeds standards for performance on each project or activity assigned;
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to direct executives, performers, and audience members.
- Ability to edit photos on location and comfortable editing a high volume of images.
- follow departmental workflow for naming, classifying, keywording, and storing images; retouch images according to brand guidelines.
- Pre-production: Collaborate with Photo and Creative teams to organize shot lists, hire caterers, and book hotel arrangements; make travel arrangements for the crew; disseminate technical information to agency partners.
- Stock: Collaborate with the Photo and Creative team to fulfill image requests as needed; obtain proper approvals/rights for image use; create and/or order high-quality custom enlargements as required; scan, manipulate, and transmit digital images as needed
- Archive: Create and maintain location catalogs; ensure and implement proper keywording of all new assets in conjunction with teams; maintain a departmental system for storage and retrieval of slides, transparencies, negatives, and all digital assets; file copyright documentation for new shows
- Works alongside legal to ensure all freelance or contractors are properly contracted, all image and property location releases are obtained and completed, & processes invoices,
- Must have a college degree in Fine Arts or Journalism with substantial study in traditional and digital photography, or relevant work experience that includes photo editing and photo research. 3+ years of Action brand marketing photo industry experience and familiarity with location photography. Must be comfortable setting up large-scale commercial photo shoots are required; experience with stock photo research and photo retouching capabilities required.
- Expert experience as a photo editor / re-toucher. Must have working experience within Mac operating systems and on the Adobe suite of products including Photoshop CS5 and Adobe Lightroom.
- Expert experience with all aspects of location-based photo shoot production.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with an attention to detail are a necessity, as well as, a flexible and team-oriented attitude in a rapidly changing and demanding environment. Able to share skills with others and has experience managing, coaching, and mentoring two or more associates/ temps/ freelancers. Willingness to take direction.
- Familiarity with archival procedures for digital assets for the purpose of maintaining an extensive photo collection. Self-motivated and the ability to work with minimal supervision to accomplish goals.
- Knowledge of photo rights and ability to negotiate rates and uses.
- Ability to travel at a moment's notice both foreign and domestically. Has or can obtain a U.S. Passport.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Suite including Photoshop and Lightroom. Proficiency in the full suite of Microsoft Office applications.
- Comfortable presenting and selling creative concepts to senior-level executives and outside partners.
- Fluid in archival procedures for digital assets for the purpose of maintaining an extensive photo collection
- Ability to carry up to 50 lbs and stand for long periods of time.
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our employees, customers, and partners worldwide. We celebrate diversity and encourage our profoundly talented workforce to express themselves proudly. Our successful business model requires different perspectives and voices so that we can create the incredible live shows we put on. Come join us and help us light up the world.