Manager - Casting & Performer Training, Stunts and Specialty
| Full Time
Production & Operations Touring Units — Touring Creative
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Sesame Street Live!, Jurassic World Live Tour,
Spin Master. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated or be qualified for a medical or religious exemption. Proof of vaccination is required and may be submitted via the Company’s secure website. Fully vaccinated is defined as 14 days after the second dose of a two dose vaccine or 14 days after the single dose of a one dose vaccine.
(The Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement adopted by the Company for all associates on September 16, 2021 “Vaccine Policy” is paused as to all Florida employees until further notice pursuant to House Bill No. 1-B.
Please note that all Mitigation Guidelines for touring employees remain in effect as do any applicable venue, local, state, and/or international requirements, rules, regulations, and/or laws in territories outside of Florida.)
Oversees all phases of the performer audition process, with a focus on recruiting & hiring stunt, puppeteer, and character performers. Conducts or assists with stunt, puppeteer, and character performer training. Conducts PR character & escort training for floor shows. Extensive knowledge of Disney, Marvel, and Jurassic World characters. Strong teaching/coaching skills are required. Essential Job Functions
- Identifies and manages the process of finding appropriate markets & secures locations for performer auditions - Creates marketing materials, strategies, and schedules for the auditions and in conjunction with the Intellectual Property (IP) holder and Creative team develops the appropriate guidelines for the roles in the show– Creates and teaches choreography and fight routines for auditions and shows – working with the Producers, Creative Team, IP holders, and the Director of Casting makes hiring recommendations for all roles in the show.
- Conducts or assists with stage combat, stunt, acting, lip-synch, host, and movement training - Provides support to other aspects of rehearsals as requested.
- Conducts PR Character & Escort Training for Stage, Floor, and Motorsports shows– Develops and maintains PR Character & Escort Training logs/records. Works with Licensee to identify, train and seek approvals for PR Characters
- Working in conjunction with Touring Shows, Operations and HR, identifies and recommends the hiring of Performance Directors. Once hired is responsible for the onboarding, training, and support to Floor Shows Performance Directors
- Consults with International Marketing and other internal and external partners to support casting of “Local Hosts” and Language Trainers for all touring shows (when they are performed in languages other than English)
- Develops and maintains an electronic library of auditions including but not limited to resumes, headshots, videos and responds to requests for audition records, video clips, etc. from internal and external partners
- Coordinates & administers pre-hire process, contracting, and post-offer onboarding activities of new cast members.
- Reviews all performance reports and advises as necessary to maintain the overall quality of the Shows regarding casting and performance.
- Works with the Production team on developing and implementing show concepts, blocking, and choreography.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 yrs. experience teaching live-action stunts, including but not limited to – stage combat, weapon work, wirework (ratchets & wraps), high falls, burns, air rams, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of Marvel / Disney, Jurassic World characters & stories.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, Mac Operating System, video editing software, file-sharing systems, and archiving software. Ability to work with the IT Department and outside vendors to update and maintain audition software.
- Ability to travel frequently – Domestic and International travel required.
- Ability to coordinate multiple work projects on an ongoing basis; ability to work well with others and work independently.
- Ability to effectively teach stunts, stunt choreography, and stage acting methods that include animation, characterization, blocking, puppetry, and other specialty skills.
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our employees, customers, and partners worldwide. We celebrate diversity and encourage our profoundly talented workforce to express themselves proudly. Our successful business model requires different perspectives and voices so that we can create the incredible live shows we put on. Come join us and help us light up the world.