| Full Time
Logistics and Merchandising — FCP Creative & Product Development
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Sesame Street Live!, Jurassic World Live Tour,
Spin Master. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated or be qualified for a medical or religious exemption. Proof of vaccination is required and may be submitted via the Company’s secure website. Florida employees may request exemption pursuant to FL House Bill No. 1-B. Fully vaccinated is defined as 14 days after the second dose of a two dose vaccine or 14 days after the single dose of a one dose vaccine.
Please note that all Mitigation Guidelines for touring employees remain in effect as do any applicable venue, local, state, and/or international requirements, rules, regulations, and/or laws in territories outside of Florida.)
To conceptualize, design, render, and illustrate 3D and 2D graphic solutions for merchandise and concession product lines, including sales/photo environments and customer experiences, for all Feld properties. To create initial sketches and color renderings of products, to create illustrations and/or to use existing characters in layouts, and to modify existing designs to match new needs for particular shows, as part of the development of a coordinated approach to products and environments which supports brand strategy and visual identities. To sculpt concepts (including monster trucks) in 3D software. To create diagrams/layouts for sales and event environments. To self-manage selected aspects of projects, including organization and tracking. To prepare final art and specs sheets for printing/production, using specialized technical knowledge, in accordance with vendor specs. To review final art and proofs, and to provide technical support in troubleshooting production problems. Essential Job Functions
- Research and development, conceptualization. Developing and proposing 2D and 3D graphic solutions for consumer products and environments, in support of design and branding strategies to meet targeted audience sales goals. Requires researching new product ideas and current marketplace trends, brainstorming creative solutions, and developing modifications to existing products and molds. 25%.
- Design and production. Designing graphics materials and implementing ideas, delivering completed art and files for production, while working within structured budgets and timelines. Requires hands-on design and production using standard graphics software and 3D sculpting/rendering software. Areas of concentration: apparel design, illustration, layout, product design, environment design, image manipulation, packaging. Creating accurate technical specs sheets for final production. Project management of selected aspects of projects, including organization and tracking. 55%.
- Pre-press and final production review. Reviewing final art, to include that produced by outside designers, to ensure that the materials are accurate and ready for production or manufacturing, according to specs for a particular vendor. Includes confirming vendor specs before files are finalized. Also includes press approvals and proof approvals to ensure graphic quality of final printed/produced materials in various media, including offset printing, lithography, screen printing, and flexography. Maintaining high degree of attention to detail throughout projects. 5%.
- Troubleshooting. Studying and resolving production problems, including misregistration, separation and trapping errors, halftone and resolution problems, color imaging errors. Includes communicating with vendors, printers, and colleagues to troubleshoot problems in the most time- and cost-effective way, whether through written and electronic materials or through verbal exchanges. 3%.
- Organization, and maintaining accurate and complete records of work, including using PDQ or other tracking system, filing electronic data for archiving, following file naming protocol, and annotating printouts for reader clarity. Reporting to manager on job status and identifying areas of concern as early as possible. 10%.
- Technical and professional counsel. Keeping up with releases of the latest versions of graphics software and hardware, and advising manager on needs for the same 2%.
- Bachelors degree in graphic design, illustration, packaging, toy design, product design, or relevant field OR equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 4+ years experience as designer and/or illustrator in professional environment, such as in-house creative services department or design/advertising agency, where deliverables were created within budget and time constraints.
- Hands-on expertise in graphics and software (including but not limited to Adobe Creative Cloud / Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and 3D/modeling software (SketchUp, Keyshot, Maya, Fusion 360 and ZBrush); and specialized technical knowledge (such as Pantone color systems, 4-color process printing, cross-platform file conversions, pre-press troubleshooting, photography, and image manipulation).
- Hands-on experience with 3D (product, package, environment), 2D (print), apparel (hats and t-shirts), and web design and production. Must be able to carry out all phases of design projects, from initial concept through final art and production.
- Strong conceptual, problem-solving, design, illustration, technical and communication skills. Ability to articulate thoughts, illustrate ideas, create turns, and prepare concept drawings in traditional (pencil, marker) and electronic (pixel- and vector-based drawing and image manipulation) media. Ability to focus on business needs and to take direction.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of import and domestic manufacturing processes, including model sculpting, injection and rotation molding, offset and screen printing.
- Professional portfolio of samples illustrating accomplishments in areas of expertise listed above.
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our employees, customers, and partners worldwide. We celebrate diversity and encourage our profoundly talented workforce to express themselves proudly. Our successful business model requires different perspectives and voices so that we can create the incredible live shows we put on. Come join us and help us light up the world.