Head Electrician - Supercross
Show Unit/Traveling Show
Production & Operations Touring Units — Tour Operations - Two Wheel Operations
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Sesame Street Live!, Jurassic World Live Tour,
Spin Master. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated or be qualified for a medical or religious exemption. Proof of vaccination is required and may be submitted via the Company’s secure website. Fully vaccinated is defined as 14 days after the second dose of a two dose vaccine or 14 days after the single dose of a one dose vaccine.
(The Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement adopted by the Company for all associates on September 16, 2021 “Vaccine Policy” is paused as to all Florida employees until further notice pursuant to House Bill No. 1-B.
Please note that all Mitigation Guidelines for touring employees remain in effect as do any applicable venue, local, state, and/or international requirements, rules, regulations, and/or laws in territories outside of Florida.)
The Head Electrician will be responsible for maintaining and controlling all IT, audio, video and lighting equipment such as routers, follow spots, moving lights, and all forms of conventional lighting instruments that are on the Event within the guidelines of the best practices of Motorcross Show Operations. Assist in managing and directing local crews in regard to load-in and load-out, including assembling and disassembling of all IT, audio, video and lighting event equipment. The Head Electrician will ensure that all work is produced to the highest quality, speed, and economic efficiency with regard to health, safety, and security policies. Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for directing assistants, local crews, loading and unloading, assembling and disassembling all equipment associated to, but not limited to the Electrical Department.
- Responsible for conducting regular maintenance with help of assistants and local labor.
- Responsible for following production cues to meet the production standards.
- Responsible for continually seeking to improve efficiency of the Electrical Department.
- Responsible for the maintenance and repairs of small motors.
- Responsible for all IT needs at the event, including installing routers and running cat5 wires.
- Responsible for setting up all video and audio equipment for the event, including PA systems (Public Address Systems).
- Assist with refurb in Ellenton, Florida.
- Collaborate with support staff at the event or via conference calls in regard to the successful execution of events.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service, maintaining a positive attitude towards Guests, Co-Workers, and the Management Team.
- Presentation must be kept neat, clean, and visually appealing to all the Customers.
- Ensure the safety of all guests, keep the event area clear of all hazards.
- Responsible for following rules, regulations and guidelines set forth by “Feld Entertainment, Inc.” best practices as they pertain to the Experience.
- Must have knowledge of Live Events.
- All other duties assigned by manager.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Related experience and/or education in electrics, audio, and video at a live event.
- Prior work experience in Live Events, Amusement Parks, Theaters, Museums, and/or an electric shop preferred.
- Experience as a Head Electrician in a backstage setting as it relates to a live event.
- Ability to use and understand various kinds of test equipment and meters such as volt, ohm, scope, and amp.
- Understanding of audio, visual, electrical principles, formulas, and drawings.
- Ability to climb, work, focus, adjust, and repair at heights in access of 40 feet before, during and after Live Events, including rigging calls and load-ins and load-outs.
- Must have the knowledge of all tools used in an electrical shop, including power tools and the ability to use them properly.
- Advanced skills and knowledge in varies electrical techniques.
- Ability to read and understand shop drawings, calculate, and order materials.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and lift. May require the use of a ladder.
- Physically able to manage lifting/moving up to 50 lbs or more.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize duties for effective and successful events.
- Availability to work extended hours, holidays and weekends dependent upon business demands.
- Must be dedicated, reliable, and punctual.
- Demonstrate positive and professional behavior towards clients and co-workers at all times.
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently and be a team player.
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our employees, customers, and partners worldwide. We celebrate diversity and encourage our profoundly talented workforce to express themselves proudly. Our successful business model requires different perspectives and voices so that we can create the incredible live shows we put on. Come join us and help us light up the world.