Chief Information Officer
Ellenton, Florida - E-Verify
| Full Time
Financial Planning & Analysis — IT Operations
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Jurassic World Live Tour,
Spin Master. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 80 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.
The Chief Information Officer (CIO) for Feld Entertainment, Inc (FEI) will be based in Ellenton, Florida, and is responsible for shaping the Information Technology (IT) landscape to support the organization’s global live entertainment tours, consumer products business including integrated Point of Sale systems, media production, and global partnership businesses. The CIO’s expertise will ensure a seamless IT environment, adeptly managing the interplay between well-established legacy systems and newer technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI). A critical aspect of the role will be to uphold the highest standards of IT security and ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations, protecting the organization’s data and systems from cyber threats.
The CIO role is pivotal in supporting media content creation and providing comprehensive IT support for live tours, which are central to FEI’s engagement and success. The CIO will also play a crucial role in enhancing supply chain management and merchandising through strategic IT oversight while partnering with the business to modernize the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system to streamline business processes.
Responsibilities will also encompass desktop support, infrastructure, cyber security and compliance, website management, and the upkeep of specialized internal tools crucial for casting and event management. As a key member of the Finance Leadership Team, reporting to the Senior Vice President & Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the CIO’s contributions will be instrumental in guiding IT in alignment with current and future business needs.
This challenging role awaits a qualified leader eager to make a significant impact in a very dynamic business. Essential Job Functions
- Collaborate with senior leadership to develop and execute a flexible IT strategy that aligns with FEI’s evolving initiatives.
- Build proactive partnerships with senior leaders to effectively prioritize IT projects that align with long-term support capabilities.
- Encourage an IT environment that meets the needs of both company support and live entertainment touring operations.
- Foster collaboration between business groups with similar functions to foster standardization and inter-departmental communication.
- Lead the cyber security and compliance function to align all partners within the organization.
- Improve communication channels between IT groups and customers to facilitate better service delivery.
- Recruit, develop, and manage a high-performing IT team that partners with the business.
- Manage and direct IT staff of approximately 30 professionals (including dedicated onsite strategic vendor resources)
- Exercise prudent resource management, whether internal, outsourced, or offshore, to meet IT objectives while maintaining clear financial management to ensure IT investments achieve desired results.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Ideally, the candidate will bring over 15 years of progressive information technology experience and leadership responsibilities, with a focus on the sports, entertainment, or media industries. This executive should demonstrate strategic leadership in integrating technology to optimize business functions and have a deep understanding of the interplay between established legacy systems and emerging technologies.
- Proven ability to lead IT initiatives that support decentralized global tours, media content creation, and supply chain management is essential.
- Must possess exceptional communication and relationship-building skills to interface at the executive level, be adept at managing a diverse range of IT resources, and have a strong financial acumen with proficiency in budgeting and financial management.
- A business strategist with the ability to evaluate, plan, implement, and lead change within an information systems organization. The demonstrated ability to be a constant hands-on force for innovation and improvement in information systems.
- A current and thorough knowledge of appropriate information systems technologies and applications. A strong desire to address end-user and customer problems utilizing personalized technology solutions where appropriate.
- An effective sense of urgency for results.
- Effective financial management of all IT-related costs with a constant focus on driving cost effectiveness across all areas.
- Excellent vendor management experience from vendor selection through negotiation and partnership development.
- Critical Competencies for Success:
- Leadership skills. A leader who can create and excel in a team-oriented environment. A non-political player who can build immediate credibility with the senior leadership team, the IT staff, strategic partners, and the touring staff. It is essential that this individual can personally solve problems, coach others, and set up and take decisive action in rectifying issues. Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate views crisply and convincingly.
- Strong execution skills. An individual who drives the execution of day-to-day improvements, and who can direct IT operations and manage critical projects and programs. Superb project management and delivery skills. Well-organized and rigorous in prioritization of issues and projects.
- Strategic skills. A strong business intuition to anticipate key marketplace trends, opportunities, and vulnerabilities. Industry and technical knowledge that will position the FEI technology organization appropriately. A deep understanding and hands-on experience in live entertainment systems with particular emphasis on high media use and continuous improvement.
- Other Personal Characteristics: A leader with outstanding business judgment. A quick study who can rapidly gain the confidence and respect of the organization, soliciting their ideas and suggestions. Strong critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong planning and technical execution skills with the desire and ability to “roll-up-the-sleeves” when the challenge arises. Attention to detail is a must.
- A team builder with excellent people skills. A candid, open approach to dealing with people. A diligent manager of people performance through coaching, mentoring, development, and objective setting. The ability to recruit, develop, and motivate people to achieve and work together as a team.
- An individual exuding professionalism, credibility, dedication, and a high level of energy.
- Strong personal and professional ethical values, impeccable integrity, and the energy level and stamina required to meet the demands of the position.
Given the touring nature of Feld Entertainment’s business, COVID vaccination is strongly encouraged for successful candidates.
International Touring Personnel
To the extent international touring personnel are visiting a jurisdiction that requires vaccination, proof of vaccination in accordance with the relevant international law should be submitted directly to either the Tour Manager or to Human Resources at least six weeks prior to the start of the tour. The Company will maintain all information regarding vaccination status as confidential in accordance with applicable laws. The Company cannot guarantee employment for any Associate who is unable to satisfy foreign entry requirements.
Mitigation Guidelines for touring employees will remain in effect until further notice as do applicable venue, local, state and/or international requirements, rules, regulations and/or laws, if any.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our employees, customers, and partners worldwide. We celebrate diversity and encourage our profoundly talented workforce to express themselves proudly. Our successful business model requires different perspectives and voices so that we can create the incredible live shows we put on. Come join us and help us light up the world.