Senior International Payroll Tax AnalystEllenton, Florida | Full Time Financial Planning & Analysis — Tax
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice, Marvel Universe LIVE!, Jurassic World Live Tour, Kawasaki and Spin Master. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com for more information.
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated or be qualified for a medical or religious exemption. Proof of vaccination is required and may be submitted via the Company’s secure website. Florida employees may request exemption pursuant to FL House Bill No. 1-B. Fully vaccinated is defined as 14 days after the second dose of a two dose vaccine or 14 days after the single dose of a one dose vaccine.
Please note that all Mitigation Guidelines for touring employees remain in effect as do any applicable venue, local, state, and/or international requirements, rules, regulations, and/or laws in territories outside of Florida.)
Reporting to the Vice President, Tax Planning & Compliance, the Global Payroll Manager will be responsible for managing global payroll, specifically the local country payroll compliance for the international tours for all of Company’s brands and possibly managing the payroll providers for the local country employee payroll.Essential Functions
- This position is responsible for managing local country payroll for the international tours including withholding calculations and reporting in the local countries. This also includes timely and accurately filing and making tax deposits as regulated by local country tax authorities.
- This includes managing the payroll aspects of the international touring schedule and working with the tour business managers, tour managers, immigration counsel requesting manifests for all of the applicable international tours from tour business managers, tour manager, and/or immigration counsel.
- This position is also responsible for researching and working with local country providers to determine the applicable local country payroll withholding and filing obligations. This includes reviewing the applicable treaties, determining the applicable payroll withholding rates based on the tax residence of the individual, the amount of salary, the class of worker, thresholds, etc.
- Effective communication with management in operations, accounting, financial planning, human resources, legal, tax, treasury, and service providers to execute responsibilities.
- This position also provides accounting, budgeting, and project management support to Company’s accounting, finance, and international tax teams. Active involvement in continuous process improvement to reduce corporate tax function spend, improve efficiencies, and minimize tax liabilities while maintaining compliance within all applicable taxing jurisdictions.
- Support and manage daily/monthly/quarter wage reconciliations and tax filing requirements – including year-end reporting and amendments.
- Develop, document, and execute Company’s policies and procedures.
- Identify opportunities to improve the local country payroll process and minimize payroll taxes each year while maintaining compliance with current tax laws.
- Coordinate with taxing jurisdictions and outside resources as necessary on international filings and audits. Represent the Company on tax audits conducted by tax authorities or other outside regulatory agencies. This also includes responding to tax authority or other outside regulatory agency letters, notices, requests, etc. and ensuring these inquiries are resolved.
- Research and manage payroll tax planning based on current tax laws, advise senior management on the impact of current and proposed tours.
- Continuous personal development and payroll tax technical development.
- Develop individuals on the international tax and payroll teams. Participate in forming and successfully implementing goals and objectives of the international payroll tax team and the Company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Certified Payroll Professional American Payroll Association, Certified Payroll Professional certification, or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – preferred, but not required.
- 2-10 years’ experience with payroll tax function.
- 2-10 years’ experience with related international payroll tax, including managing expat, foreign national, or mobile workers payroll and with mobility tax (income tax treaties & social security agreements).
- Minimum of 2 years of previous management experience in a public accounting or corporate tax department with direct supervisory responsibility.
- Knowledge of payroll and accounting practices and principles.
- Experience with technology including ERP systems, research software, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, and payroll software.
- Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach, must be a quick learner and successful in working in a team-based, fast-paced, and collaborative environment.
- Must have strong project management, interpersonal, organizational, decision making, problem solving, and communication skills (oral and written). Must be positive, professional, ethical, honest, and trustworthy.
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our employees, customers, and partners worldwide. We celebrate diversity and encourage our profoundly talented workforce to express themselves proudly. Our successful business model requires different perspectives and voices so that we can create the incredible live shows we put on. Come join us and help us light up the world.