Technical Drawing Manager
| Full Time
Production & Operations Touring Units — Tour Operations - Track Construction
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Sesame Street Live!, Jurassic World Live Tour,
Spin Master. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.
This position will oversee track design committee and manage all mechanical drawings and diagrams as needed for all of Feld Entertainment’s motorsports properties, including Supercross, Monster Jam, and Sponsor Activations. Must be able to work with little oversight; exercise independent judgement and discretion on matters that are safety sensitive. Essential Functions
- Manage all 2D and 3D creative design, layout and final product of all track and pit party designs for motorsports properties, including Supercross, Monster Jam stadium and arena tours.
- Work with live event team to update track designs weekly for necessary course changes.
- Build and maintain track design and obstacle library.
- Create overview layout of Monster Jam pit parties and Supercross pit space, to include layout for all activations, teams, sponsors, and back of house areas.
- Manage and maintain yearly Monster Jam track guidelines for safety and consistency.
- Serves as in-house consultant to the Risk & Safety Department to create and manage diagrams for front of house safety holds for all motorsports properties.
- Create mechanical design of tools, gear, safety equipment, mechanical ramps, bridge obstacles.
- Create mechanical designs of trailer/container layout, supply pack/shipping design, structure, seating, sightline design.
- Travel to events, manage staff to implement all design changes and collect data from results.
- Manage all Global Service sponsor activations. KRX tracks and Cedar Fair designs.
- Set up, supervise, execute any Monster Jam events when necessary.
Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in related field.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- High level of project management, planning, and multi-tasking.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under high pressure and quick deadlines.
- Proficient in Auto Desk, Vector Works, Auto Sketch, GIS, and other 2D-3D industry standard software.
- Ability to work in imperial and metric units pending domestic or international business.
- Critical thinking that demonstrates the ability to exercise independent judgement and discretion on assigned projects, capable of success in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel as needed
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our employees, customers, and partners worldwide. We celebrate diversity and encourage our profoundly talented workforce to express themselves proudly. Our successful business model requires different perspectives and voices so that we can create the incredible live shows we put on. Come join us and help us light up the world.