Buyer, Direct ProcurementEllenton, Florida | Full Time Logistics and Merchandising — Purchasing
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice, Marvel Universe LIVE!, Jurassic World Live Tour, Kawasaki and Spin Master. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com for more information.
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated or be qualified for a medical or religious exemption. Proof of vaccination is required and may be submitted via the Company’s secure website. Florida employees may request exemption pursuant to FL House Bill No. 1-B. Fully vaccinated is defined as 14 days after the second dose of a two dose vaccine or 14 days after the single dose of a one dose vaccine.
Please note that all Mitigation Guidelines for touring employees remain in effect as do any applicable venue, local, state, and/or international requirements, rules, regulations, and/or laws in territories outside of Florida.)
Performs the day-to-day purchasing duties associated with managing multiple vendor lines within product categories and supports the traveling units as assigned. Designs and recommends strategies to enhance product quality and reduce costs. Holds responsibility for suppliers within the buyer’s product category or assigned Shows based on established Department goals. Remains responsive to changes in operations and implements plans to maximize performance and results. Continually strives to exceed customer expectations.Essential Job Functions
- Manage multiple product lines and suppliers. Identify and execute opportunities to expand or leverage existing product or services capabilities. Lead cross-functional teams in the development of cost reduction activities.
- Create POs and expedite shipments, as necessary, to make certain that customers receive product and/or services in a timely manner. Maintain accurate vendor information in Lawson and makes certain that part numbers loaded under their product category are entered and maintained properly.
- Maintains defined and/or assigned specific computer records, as appropriate.
- Negotiate with vendors to enhance FELD’s profitability by cost saving initiatives. Report on cost savings on a quarterly basis. Minimize financial exposure to FELD based on Procurement best practices and sound payment decisions.
- Develops and maintains good rapport with all departments, as well as suppliers. Provide responsive, courteous support to end users and customers. Identify, develop and support the continuous improvement of product or services management process.
- Four-year college degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years purchasing or accounting experience. Working knowledge of purchasing concepts.
- 2+ years of practical experience in the entertainment industry is a plus.
- CPM, SPSM or advanced education in Procurement, Logisitics or Supply Chain Management is a plus.
- Excellent computer skills: Integrated Financial System and/or ERP Software experience, such as Lawson, J.D. Edwards, etc. and Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Product and utilization knowledge helpful.
- Solid analytical skills and strong results orientation.
- Excellent facilitative and communication skills.
- Good reading, writing, math and grammar skills.
- In Office Position.
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our employees, customers, and partners worldwide. We celebrate diversity and encourage our profoundly talented workforce to express themselves proudly. Our successful business model requires different perspectives and voices so that we can create the incredible live shows we put on. Come join us and help us light up the world.