Show Unit/Traveling Show
| Full Time
Production & Operations Touring Units — Combined Touring Operations
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice, Disney Live!,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Sesame Street Live!,DreamWorks Trolls The Experience
and Jurassic World LiveTour
. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.
The Wardrobe Assistant functions as a member of an integrated team of Wardrobe technicians on a touring production by assisting with the assembly, operation and disassembly in the dressing of performers, repair and maintenance of show costumes, show laundry and other functions related to the production while maintaining the integrity of the artistic concept and adhering to Best Practice Safety Protocols.
PLEASE NOTE: This position remains posted on our website year-round. We may or may not currently have an opening, but we encourage you to submit your resume now in the event one becomes available. We will keep your resume on file and contact you within a year of submitting if your skills and experience meet the job qualifications. You may be contacted via phone or email for any of our touring properties.
Essential Job Functions
- Actively participate in the setup and tear down of all wardrobe equipment, dressing rooms and costumes pertaining to the wardrobe department and other equipment assigned to the department while directing local crews in the loading and unloading, assembling and disassembling of all associated equipment and costumes.
- Responsible for repairing and maintaining all costumes related to the Wardrobe Department as directed by supervisors and Best Practice Standards.
- Ensure the safety and security of associated wardrobe elements at all times including but not limited to costumes, servo heads, wigs, shoes, performer safety and protective clothing, laundry facilities, etc.
- Responsible for compliance with all Local and ‘Feld Entertainment Inc.’ safety policies and continually seeking to improve efficiency and safety within the Wardrobe department and overall production.
- Responsible for following the rules, regulations and guidelines set forth by “Feld Entertainment Inc.”
- Responsible for accepting all other duties as assigned by supervisors.
- Related experience, or combination of training and/or education in Wardrobe as it relates to live performances.
- Basic understanding of theatrical terms and directions.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to understand instructions in oral, written and diagram form in order to apply common sense to troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Recognized as a proven team player with creative problem solving and strong trouble shooting capabilities.
- Ability to travel to Canada and other international locations.
- Knowledge of sewing machines, their uses and different applications.
- Ability to hand sew.
- Understanding of fabrics and specific laundry and dry cleaning needs of each specific fabric type.
- Experience as a dresser in backstage settings as it relates to a live performance with flying elements.
- Ability to lift over 50 lbs, stand for 2 hours and operate small hand tools.
- Ability and desire to tour year round.
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our employees, customers, and partners worldwide. We celebrate diversity and encourage our profoundly talented workforce to express themselves proudly. Our successful business model requires different perspectives and voices so that we can create the incredible live shows we put on. Come join us and help us light up the world.