Soft Goods Specialist
Ellenton, Florida - E-Verify
| Full Time
Florida Operations & Show Support — Hagenbeck-Wallace
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Jurassic World Live Tour,
Spin Master. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.
Assists the Soft Goods Supervisor in the original fabrication of soft goods and props for new productions, as well as maintains and repairs soft goods and props for established productions. Essential Functions
- Assist the Soft Goods Supervisor in standard shop operations (i.e., measuring, cutting, and sewing large- and small-scale soft goods, upholstery, and props).
- Promote professional customer service skills in appearance and interaction with all contacts inside and outside the company.
- Adapt sewing and draping skills to fit the needs required by the scenic elements of the shows.
- Consult with Fabrication and Paint Departments on fabrication needs and requirements.
- Responsible for keeping careful records of construction methods and materials used.
Skills & Abilities
- Associates Degree, or equivalent training from technical school, in theatre or related area.
- At least 3 years work experience or training in theatre or related field.
- Self-motivated problem solver and quick thinker who deals well with others and has good communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Must be able to quickly and proficiently operate a variety of sewing machine types, including but not limited to, industrial and domestic machines and sergers.
- Very strong hand sewing skills.
- Experience with a very wide variety of materials: chiffon to velour, netting to leather.
- Must be good at measuring and cutting with accuracy. Capable of minor flat pattern drafting with accuracy.
- Physically able to sit or stand (and sometimes crouch) for long periods of time, as well as bend, climb, lift and wrangle large amounts of fabric.
- Very good organization, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Working knowledge of carving and flat patterning foam used in large props is a plus.
- Familiarity with costume crafts skills is a plus (adhesive, hand tools, wire, 3D fabric manipulation, etc.).
Given the touring nature of Feld Entertainment’s business, COVID vaccination is strongly encouraged for successful candidates.
International Touring Personnel
To the extent international touring personnel are visiting a jurisdiction that requires vaccination, proof of vaccination in accordance with the relevant international law should be submitted directly to either the Tour Manager or to Human Resources at least six weeks prior to the start of the tour. The Company will maintain all information regarding vaccination status as confidential in accordance with applicable laws. The Company cannot guarantee employment for any Associate who is unable to satisfy foreign entry requirements.
Mitigation Guidelines for touring employees will remain in effect until further notice as do applicable venue, local, state and/or international requirements, rules, regulations and/or laws, if any.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our employees, customers, and partners worldwide. We celebrate diversity and encourage our profoundly talented workforce to express themselves proudly. Our successful business model requires different perspectives and voices so that we can create the incredible live shows we put on. Come join us and help us light up the world.