| Full Time
Florida Operations & Show Support — Safety & Compliance
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Sesame Street Live!, Jurassic World Live Tour,
Spin Master. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated or be qualified for a medical or religious exemption. Proof of vaccination is required and may be submitted via the Company’s secure website. Florida employees may request exemption pursuant to FL House Bill No. 1-B. Fully vaccinated is defined as 14 days after the second dose of a two dose vaccine or 14 days after the single dose of a one dose vaccine.
Please note that all Mitigation Guidelines for touring employees remain in effect as do any applicable venue, local, state, and/or international requirements, rules, regulations, and/or laws in territories outside of Florida.)
Responsible for providing safety guidance to Floor Touring shows and ensuring compliance with all safety, environmental and local regulations related to touring shows. This role will work with the other Safety Managers to provide guidance to the touring shows on safety & environmental compliance with all federal, state, local and international regulations for touring floor shows. Monitors compliance with company policies and procedures, as well as industry best practices. Provides training for touring staff and corporate sites. Essential Functions
- Implement and monitor all company safety policies and procedures for assigned shows.
- Work closely with internal legal counsel, risk management and outside governmental and independent agencies in relation to compliance, conduct, regular show and facility inspections and complete all required accident investigations.
- Develop and maintain the Feld safety and health program. Provide support and training for Feld Studios and touring personnel in relation to OSHA regulations and procedures, powered industrial trucks, aerial lifts, fall protection training, rigging and general safety guidelines.
- Provides periodic audits / inspections to touring units to ensure that company safety and operational policies and procedures are being practiced.
- Maintain/obtain all relevant permits in relation to Safety and Compliance requirements.
- Develop, maintain and train staffs on the use of the safety database and SharePoint in relation to touring units.
- Loss Control: Analyze available data and propose changes to reduce accident and injury rates.
- Monitor Ellenton shop and touring unit safety operations on a regular basis to ensure compliance.
Skills & Abilities
- 2+ yrs experience with a touring live entertainment show as a member of tour leadership (Tour Manager, Production Stage Manager, Technical Director or Department Head (Electrical or Carpenter preferred).
- 2-3 years OSHA experience in relation to general industry regulations or equivalent experience in a touring show environment.
- 2-3 years direct experience with local authorities, including fire marshals, electrical inspectors, safety compliance officers and environmental inspectors preferred.
- OSHA 30hour in General Industry and/or Construction.
- Certifications in fall protection, rigging, electrical work preferred.
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, SmartSheet, MS SharePoint.
- Exhibit strength in math, logistics, data sampling and common-sense reasoning. Ability to apply OSHA, EPA and local regulations and practices.
- Team player with strong analytical skills.
- Ability to sit 35% of time, walking -30%, standing -20% and lifting up to 50lbs 10% of the time.
- Ability and willingness to travel - 60%.
- Compile, analyze, and present data to Sr. Leadership and explain complex data.
- Familiar with entertainment rigging principles including use and inspection of rigging.
- Certified or ability to become certified in fall protection and rigging competencies.
- Ability to present information to varying levels of employees/staff (Front line to Executive).
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our employees, customers, and partners worldwide. We celebrate diversity and encourage our profoundly talented workforce to express themselves proudly. Our successful business model requires different perspectives and voices so that we can create the incredible live shows we put on. Come join us and help us light up the world.