Stagehand Automation Technician
Show Unit/Traveling Show
| Full Time
Production & Operations Touring Units — Combined Touring Operations
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Sesame Street Live!, Jurassic World Live Tour,
Spin Master. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated or be qualified for a medical or religious exemption. Proof of vaccination is required and may be submitted via the Company’s secure website. Florida employees may request exemption pursuant to FL House Bill No. 1-B. Fully vaccinated is defined as 14 days after the second dose of a two dose vaccine or 14 days after the single dose of a one dose vaccine.
Please note that all Mitigation Guidelines for touring employees remain in effect as do any applicable venue, local, state, and/or international requirements, rules, regulations, and/or laws in territories outside of Florida.)
Functions as a member of an integrated team of automation specialists on a large scale arena touring production by assisting with the assembly, operation and disassembly of all aspects of Automation flying systems related to the production while maintaining the integrity of the artistic concept and adhering to Best Practice Safety Standards. Essential Job Functions
- Actively participate in the setup and tear-down of all automation systems, stationary and drum winch motor systems and other applicable gear while directing local crews in the loading and unloading, assembling and disassembling of all associated equipment.
- Responsible for repairing and maintaining all automation equipment and hardware as directed by supervisors and Best Practice Safety Standards.
- Ensure the safety and security of automation equipment at all times including but not limited to winch, drive lines, fly track truss and trolley systems, consoles, safety systems and fall protection systems.
- Responsible for following cues to maintain high standards of quality established for the production’s aesthetics and creative vision.
- Responsible for following the rules, regulations and guidelines as set forth by “Feld Entertainment Inc.” Best Practice Guidelines and local regulations as they pertain to the Marvel Universe Live Production.
- Responsible for compliance with all safety and security procedures and for continually seeking to improve efficiency and safety within the rigging department and overall production.
- Responsible for accepting all other duties as assigned by supervisors.
- Associate degree or higher in Technical Theatre and/or 2-4 years real world experience in the field of aerial automation fly systems in the arena, movie, or theatre touring industries.
- Ability to climb and work ‘focus, adjust and repair’ at heights in excess of 55ft before, during and after performance calls, load ins and load outs.
- Understand theatrical terms and directions.
- Experience with automation drive racks, winches, power, Ethernet switches, fixed speed and variable speed motors. Be able to swap out motors, motor whips both while at height and while not.
- Knowledge of Stage Technologies eChameleon software a plus.
- Knowledge and or experience with Leaky Coax and Bus Bars.
- Rope, aircraft cable splicing, Nicopress skills.
- Knowledge of limits and why/how to set them.
- Ability to troubleshoot electric signal flow.
- Ability to lift over 75 lbs, stand for an extended period of time, and operate small hand tools.
- Ability and desire to tour year round.
- Ability to travel to Canada and other international locations.
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our employees, customers, and partners worldwide. We celebrate diversity and encourage our profoundly talented workforce to express themselves proudly. Our successful business model requires different perspectives and voices so that we can create the incredible live shows we put on. Come join us and help us light up the world.