Director - Casting & Performance (Stage and Spectacle Shows)Ellenton, Florida | Full Time Production & Operations Touring Units — Touring Creative
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice, Marvel Universe LIVE!, Jurassic World Live Tour, Kawasaki and Spin Master. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com for more information.
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated or be qualified for a medical or religious exemption. Proof of vaccination is required and may be submitted via the Company’s secure website. Florida employees may request exemption pursuant to FL House Bill No. 1-B. Fully vaccinated is defined as 14 days after the second dose of a two dose vaccine or 14 days after the single dose of a one dose vaccine.
Please note that all Mitigation Guidelines for touring employees remain in effect as do any applicable venue, local, state, and/or international requirements, rules, regulations, and/or laws in territories outside of Florida.)
The Director – Casting & Performance will work closely with Show Directors, FEI Senior Executives, and Producers to secure performers for FEI’s stage shows and arena spectaculars. Conceptualize new live performance elements and advise on equipment & training required. Provide artistic and creative mentoring to Performers and Performance Directors to ensure that the shows are of the highest quality.Essential Functions
- Recruiting, auditioning, and contracting performers for Stage & Spectacle Shows
- Providing artistic and creative direction / mentoring to Stage & Spectacle Show performers to ensure that performances are of the highest quality
- Developing & overseeing training programs for Stage & Spectacle Show performers (puppetry, animation, acting, dance, etc.)
- Mentoring Stage & Arena Show Performance Directors, and assisting with the recruiting / selection and training of new Performance Directors for the shows
- Working with FEI's Senior Executives to establish budgets, and advising on strategies for meeting those financial objectives
- Working with International Marketing and other internal & external partners to support casting of "Local Hosts" for all FEI Shows (when they are performed in languages other than English)
- Serving as liaison between Cast, Performance Director and Production Team during new show rehearsals
- Working with FEI's Legal & Operations personnel to assemble required documentation and obtain work permits / visas for performers
- Assisting with the recruiting, auditioning, and contracting of performers for FEI’s other touring productions
- 5+ yrs stage production experience and 1+ year(s) of experience with a touring production
- Bachelor degree (B.A.) in Theatre, Music, and / or Stage Directing, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- In-depth knowledge of animated characters with experience training & directing costumed performers portraying those characters
- Must have an extensive professional network of performers, agents, agencies, educational institutions, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to evaluate and direct all aspects (including technical elements) of performance for live stage productions
- Knowledge of acting, dance, and vocal performance; and the ability to teach / direct actors, singers, and dancers.
- Computer skills and the ability to use Microsoft Office, basic audio / video editing software, and collaboration / file-sharing tools
- Must be willing & able to travel extensively - both domestically and internationally
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our employees, customers, and partners worldwide. We celebrate diversity and encourage our profoundly talented workforce to express themselves proudly. Our successful business model requires different perspectives and voices so that we can create the incredible live shows we put on. Come join us and help us light up the world.