Show Unit/Traveling Show
| Full Time
Production & Operations Touring Units — Combined Touring Operations
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Sesame Street Live!, Jurassic World Live Tour,
Spin Master. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated or be qualified for a medical or religious exemption. Proof of vaccination is required and may be submitted via the Company’s secure website. Fully vaccinated is defined as 14 days after the second dose of a two dose vaccine or 14 days after the single dose of a one dose vaccine.
(The Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement adopted by the Company for all associates on September 16, 2021 “Vaccine Policy” is paused as to all Florida employees until further notice pursuant to House Bill No. 1-B.
Please note that all Mitigation Guidelines for touring employees remain in effect as do any applicable venue, local, state, and/or international requirements, rules, regulations, and/or laws in territories outside of Florida.)
Provide Leadership and Artistic Coordination for a particular ice show unit through the monitoring and guidance of both performers and Crew in the performance both artistically and technically, and the maintaining of the production elements on a daily basis.
PLEASE NOTE: This position remains posted on our website year-round. We may or may not currently have an opening, but we encourage you to submit your resume now in the event one becomes available. We will keep your resume on file and contact you within a year of submitting if your skills and experience meet the job qualifications. You may be contacted via phone or email for any of our touring properties. Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for maintaining a consistently high level of production and performance quality. Responsible for communicating all technical and artistic issues in a productive way to enhance the quality of each performance.
- Responsible for following the rules, regulations and guidelines set forth by “Feld Entertainment’ as they pertain to the Ice & Stage Shows.
- As Direct Supervisor to ‘Performers, responsible to coach, mentor and provide clear expectations of ‘on ice & stage’ performance as well as ‘off Ice & Stage’ professional conduct.
- Experiences or related work as a skater/performer in an Ice & Stage Show setting as it relates to a live performance. Responsible for coordinating and delegating immediate reaction when complications arise during a performance.
- Responsible for organizing and planning weekly schedules which includes: Ice time, PR needs, 3 week plans, warm up, class, practice ice, coaching and development needs.
- Ability to schedule, to rehearse, teach, choreograph, implement productions changes when necessary. Responsible for Tour start up rehearsal summary.
- Responsible for striving to create a positive and energetic work environment.
- Responsible for conducting auditions, providing comprehensive information regarding prospective talent and passing along to Talent Director in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for writing up Performance reports after each performance noting both technical and performance issues as absentees, new hires and or dismissals, start and end times of each performance.
- Responsible for the creation of a video library for reference, entire show, principal, ensemble, character blocking & staging and understudy numbers.
- Conducting (in conjunction with Unit Staff and Ice Creative Depts.) bi-annual performance appraisals for all Performers.
- Contribute as necessary to Unit Public Relations & Promotional activities to ensure that they are in compliance with current "Feld Entertainment, Inc.” and Disney© guidelines.
- Responsible for conducting rehearsals, and preparing understudies for high quality performance as well as offer guidance and continuously working on the development of the talent.
- Responsible for coordinating casting in order to provide the audience with a superior performance at all times.
- Responsible for assembling the show for any ice size changes with regards to choreography, props, stage and lighting, DS entrances.
- Responsible for maintaining step and pattern ‘documentation’ in order to teach and maintain the quality of the production, as well as maintain information in order to pass along for future reference.
- Responsible for assisting choreographer and Director during rehearsal, as well as maintain communication with Manager and Production Coordinator in order to effectively coordinate the rehearsal period.
- Responsible for own professional standards of conduct, appearance and work performance.
- All other job related duties as assigned by supervisors.
- Experience in working and supervising the artistic elements of a production - one to three years related experience or experience as a Performer, Line captain.
- A thorough understanding of Ice and Stage show operations, equivalent combination of experience and education, or related experience with other traveling family entertainment shows.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram and physical example.
- Ability to ice skate, to demonstrate choreography, to teach the blocking, staging and follow through with Character development.
- Ability to communicate on various organizational levels with strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to read, and interpret documents such as contracts, scripts, as well as to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to work with a variety of computer programs.
- Basic understanding of theatrical terms and directions.
- Must have a valid Passport.
- The ability and willingness to travel internationally and domestically 100% of the time.
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our employees, customers, and partners worldwide. We celebrate diversity and encourage our profoundly talented workforce to express themselves proudly. Our successful business model requires different perspectives and voices so that we can create the incredible live shows we put on. Come join us and help us light up the world.