Disney On Ice! Props Head of Department
Touring Show/Traveling position Ellenton (HQ)
| Full Time
Production & Operations Touring Units — Combined Touring Operations
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice, Disney Live!,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Sesame Street Live!,DreamWorks Trolls The Experience
and Jurassic World LiveTour
. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.
Provide oversight, supervision and training to an integrated team within the Props Department on a large scale arena touring production by assisting with the assembly, operation and disassembly of all backstage scene changes, drivable units, scenic pieces, loading and unloading of equipment and other logistic duties related to the production while maintaining the integrity of the artistic concept and adhering to Best Practice Safety Standards. Essential Job Functions
- Operation, oversight and supervision of truck loading and unloading, operation of heavy equipment and the assembling and disassembling of scenic, drivable units and all equipment assigned to the Props Department while directing local crews in the truck loading and unloading and assembly and disassembly of all associated prop department and show infrastructure equipment.
- Manage, direct and assist in the repair and maintenance all equipment related to the props department and show infrastructure, including drivable hydraulic units, steel framed platforms, fiberglass and wood constructed ramps, remote controlled hand props and flying drones, motorized vehicles and motorbikes and other equipment related to the department as directed by supervisors and Best Practice Standards.
- Ensure the safety and security of Backstage equipment at all times including but not limited to forklifts, drivable units, heavy equipment, motorcycles and other scenic show production vehicles.
- Liaison with Show Management to ensure all members of the props department follow cues to maintain high standards of quality established for the production’s aesthetics and creative vision.
- Interface with Show Management to ensure all props crew adhere to the proper executions of all training and safety programs and will maintain records as it relates to the touring production unit including but not limited to fall protection equipment, forklift operation, vehicle safety protocols, etc.
- Responsible for compliance with all Local and ‘Feld Entertainment Inc.’ safety policies and continually seeking to improve efficiency and safety within the backstage department and overall production.
- Responsible for following the rules, regulations and guidelines set forth by “Feld Entertainment Inc.” as they pertain to the Disney On Ice! Production.
- Conducts job specific training and develops contingency plans for cross training and emergency protocols
- Assists in mediation of job related disputes within the Carpentry Department.
- Performs regular administrative duties within the Carpentry Department
- Responsible for accepting all other duties as assigned by supervisors.
- Bachelor degree or higher in Technical Theatre and/or 10+ years real world experience in Logistics for the, , arena theatre, museum or movie touring industries.
- Understands theatrical terms and directions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and interpret diverse instructions furnished in various forms including verbal, written, blueprints and CAD documents.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety regulations, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals, as well as to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to climb and work ‘focus, adjust and repair’ at heights in excess of 55ft before, during and after performance and during rigging calls, load ins and load outs.
- Recognized as a proven team player with strong verbal communicating skills, creative problem solving and strong organization abilities; mechanically inclined with strong troubleshooting skills for repairs / maintenance
- Ability and desire to tour year round.
- Ability to travel to Canada and other international locations.
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.