Tour Business Manager
Touring Show/Traveling position Ellenton (HQ)
| Full Time
Financial Planning & Analysis — Tour Business Operations
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice, Disney Live!,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Sesame Street Live!,DreamWorks Trolls The Experience
and Jurassic World LiveTour
. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.
The Tour Business Manager serves as the primary on-site financial manager for the company's live entertainment shows while on tour in multiple cities and venues in the USA and/or in foreign countries around the world.
*This position is associate level. No managerial experience is required. Essential Job Functions
- Review and validate box office statements documenting ticket sales and distribution.
- Administer and track usage of any comp tickets used by the touring unit, insuring adherence to the company's usage and documentation policies.
- Prepare a preliminary "pre-settlement" for each engagement, intended to cover/include all specific contractual provisions and anticipate expected costs, contractual issues, and any disputed items resolved between the parties.
- Conduct or assist the company's show Promoter in conducting final financial settlement with the local promoter or the venue for each engagement.
- Manage, control, and maintain a full accounting of all local show expenses, taxes, performer fees, etc. for the show unit while on tour.
- Monitor actual vs budgeted costs, and assist in the creation of budgets for both show overhead and local engagement costs.
- Work closely and maintain constant communication with the Show Manager/General Manager, the Promoter (Marketing and Sales), and venue representatives to address on-site issues, unexpected costs, and to ensure that all parties adhere to the provisions of the contract.
- Administer and maintain control over local petty cash, local bank accounts, and "road checks" used to pay certain vendors on-site.
- Compile payroll information for unit employees and submit to corporate Payroll by established processing deadlines to ensure that unit employees are paid timely and accurately. (Oversee paymaster functions for shows that include cash payroll payments.)
- Prepare daily, weekly, and post-engagement reports on a timely basis as required by company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business or related discipline, and/or relevant and practical work experience in accounting or business operations.
- Intermediate excel skills such as but not limited to sumif/sumifs, countif/countifs, data filters, data sorting, pivot tables, cell formatting, shortcut keys, vlookup, and index+match.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to quickly handle accounting information and cash, and ability to work efficiently and accurately under time pressure and with frequent peripheral noise and interruptions.
- Self-motivated, strong sense of ownership and initiative, and ability to exercise independent judgment. Flexibility and the ability to multi-task among competing and changing priorities are essential.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills to work comfortably with people of very diverse personalities, backgrounds and cultures. Knowledge of foreign cultures and multiple languages are a definite plus.
- Willingness and desire to travel domestically and/or internationally nearly 100% of the time.
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.