Tour Business Manager
| Full Time
Financial Planning & Analysis — Tour Business Operations
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Sesame Street Live!, Jurassic World Live Tour,
Spin Master. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.
Successful candidate affirms that they are/will be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus on or before their first day of employment. Proof of vaccination is required and may be submitted via the Company’s secure website. Fully vaccinated is defined as 14 days after the second dose of a two dose vaccine or 14 days after the single dose of a one dose vaccine.
The Tour Business Manager serves as the primary on-site financial manager for the company's live entertainment shows in multiple cities and venues in the USA and/or in foreign countries around the world.
*This position is associate level. No managerial experience is required. Essential Job Functions
- Act as primary liaison between corporate, tour and venue for assigned engagements. Work closely and maintain constant communication with the Show Manager, the Promoter, Routing & Tours and venue representatives to address on-site issues, unexpected costs, and to ensure that all parties adhere to the provisions of the contract.
- Review all engagement contracts & addendums for terms and conditions of assigned engagements.
- Review and validate box office statements documenting ticket sales and distribution.
- Administer and track usage of complimentary tickets, insuring adherence to the company's usage and documentation policies.
- Prepare a preliminary "pre-settlement" for each engagement, intended to cover/include all specific contractual provisions, anticipate expected costs, contractual issues, and any disputed items resolved between the parties.
- Conduct the final settlement with the local promoter or the venue for each engagement.
- Manage, control, and maintain a full accounting of all local show expenses, taxes, performer fees, etc..
- Manage, control, and maintain personnel manifests for the purposes of foreign tax reporting and/or withholding.
- Facilitate vendor payments by reviewing support documentation, acquiring approvals, and submitting for payment.
- Monitor actual vs budgeted cost and assist in the creation of budgets for both show overhead and local engagement costs.
- Assist with compiling payroll information for unit employees and submit to corporate Payroll by established processing deadlines to ensure that unit employees are paid timely and accurately.
- Prepare daily, weekly, and post-engagement reports on a timely basis as required by company policies and procedures.
- Manage expense report processing (within the Travel and Entertainment program – Concur.) Manage, control, and maintain virtual American Express payments for group hotel bookings.
- Create and manage purchase order process for tour expenses (marketing, local costs).
- Assist accounting with monthly accruals for tour expenses.
- Other projects as assigned.
- BS/BA in accounting, finance or related discipline, or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Minimum 2-4 years of relevant management experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Strong Excel skills.
- Ability to work on a broad range of financial/accounting projects simultaneously.
- Self-starter, with the ability to adapt in an ever changing, fast paced, high growth environment.
- Self-motivated, strong sense of ownership and initiative, and ability to exercise independent judgment. Flexibility and the ability to multi-task among competing and changing priorities are essential.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills to work comfortably with people of very diverse personalities, backgrounds and cultures. Knowledge of foreign cultures and multiple languages are a definite plus.
- Willingness and desire to work flexible schedule including nights and weekends. Travel domestically and/or internationally when required (less than 10%).
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our employees, customers, and partners worldwide. We celebrate diversity and encourage our profoundly talented workforce to express themselves proudly. Our successful business model requires different perspectives and voices so that we can create the incredible live shows we put on. Come join us and help us light up the world.