Activation Tour Manager -CDL Driver
Touring Show/Traveling position Ellenton (HQ)
Global Partnerships — Global Partnerships Experiential Activations
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice, Disney Live!,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Sesame Street Live!,DreamWorks Trolls The Experience
and Jurassic World LiveTour
. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.
The Activation Tour Manager will be responsible for leading and managing the activation team for a touring experiential marketing campaign traveling throughout North America. Main functions will include operating a tractor trailer/race hauler, overseeing all logistics of setting up, activating, and tearing down program equipment at national off-road festivals, tradeshows, and other event activations throughout the calendar year; communicating with local event management teams, managing and maintaining a fleet of Utility Terrain Vehicles (UTVs), and overseeing a consumer experience that involves consumer demonstration and ride experiences. The Activation Tour Manager will be the main point of contact and supervisor for additional employees on the tour and in-market, acting as part of a team traveling with an Assistant Activation Tour Manager who will help with the program production and operations.
PLEASE NOTE: This position remains posted on our website year-round. We may or may not currently have an opening, but we encourage you to submit your resume now in the event one becomes available. We will keep your resume on file and contact you within a year of submitting if your skills and experience meet the job qualifications. You may be contacted via phone or email for any of our touring properties. Essential Job Functions
- Operate a touring tractor trailer experience throughout North America to, from, and between events and other locations in a safe and timely manner.
- Oversee set-up, activation, and tear-down of the experience for multiple displays in a week throughout the calendar year.
- Responsible for driving, conducting safety checks, complying with required DOT paperwork, and coordinating any required repairs and routine maintenance.
- Responsible for taking photos and reporting back metrics and notes on each event.
- Manage all activation touring and in-market staff including call times, break schedule, and time sheet approvals.
- Manage activation tour team travel logistics.
- Responsible for operating and maintaining UTVs, including ensuring cleaning, checks and routine maintenance occur regularly. (Training to be provided).
- Responsible for ensuring the integrity of the brand experience while keeping the safety and security of the consumers, audience, and company at the forefront of priority.
- Responsible for managing a UTV product demonstration experience both on closed tracks as well as open trail systems.
- Able to travel on the road full time for a multi-year opportunity.
- Maintain professional appearance and demeanor while representing the activation.
- Responsible for operating and maintaining tour assets and equipment properly, including ensuring cleaning, checks and routine maintenance occur regularly. (Training to be provided).
- Actively look for ways to make the program more effective. Identify areas of concern and opportunity and present them to the office team for consideration.
- Must successfully complete training on activation operations as required by company and client, to include product, safety, maintenance and guest experience training.
- 5+ years’ experience managing and activating for experiential marketing campaigns on a national level is preferred.
- Must have a current CDL-A driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Motorcycle license is preferred.
- Must have at least 2-5 years UTV or recreational off-road trail riding experience, with preferred experience in 2 and/or 4-wheel racing and group trail riding.
- Adaptability in multiple scenarios, ability to operate UTVs on dirt paths with obstacles.
- Ability to lead in a fast-paced environment and be an integral part of the team environment.
- Experience managing a footprint of over 1,000 square feet and multiple locations that are live simultaneously.
- Experience managing remote guided expeditions.
- Experience in instructional roles and group management and organization.
- Preferred experience with similar demo programs in a lead and chase format.
- Preferred experience in mechanical maintenance for tractors, generators, UTVs and other powersports equipment.
- Be socially engaging and comfortable interacting with diverse audiences, including client and client representatives, guests, vendors, and teammates.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, maintain, and repair tour assets.
- Be physically fit with an ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and carry 75+lbs.
- Strong attention to detail, a positive attitude, and a team player.
- Must be comfortable booking own travel through corporate site.
- Mechanical knowledge, tractor, generator, UTVs and other powersports equipment; mechanical maintenance a plus.
- Ability to speak enthusiastically to a large group of people; emcee experience a plus.
- Ability to learn quickly to become an expert on client initiatives.
- Ability to educate, manage and lead consumers.
- Critical thinker and team player as this position has a teammate for the season.
- Comfortable speaking to large groups of diverse people.
- Ability to lift larger items during set-up and tear-down of the display.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Ability to operate within a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter, with proven ability to work without supervision
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Should be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences.
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.