Assistant Activation Tour Manager - 4-Wheel/ CDL-A Driver
Show Unit/Traveling Show
| Full Time
Global Partnerships — Experiential Activations
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Sesame Street Live!, Jurassic World Live Tour,
Spin Master. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated or be qualified for a medical or religious exemption. Proof of vaccination is required and may be submitted via the Company’s secure website. Florida employees may request exemption pursuant to FL House Bill No. 1-B. Fully vaccinated is defined as 14 days after the second dose of a two dose vaccine or 14 days after the single dose of a one dose vaccine.
Please note that all Mitigation Guidelines for touring employees remain in effect as do any applicable venue, local, state, and/or international requirements, rules, regulations, and/or laws in territories outside of Florida.)
The Assistant Activation Tour Manager will be part of the activation team for a touring experiential marketing campaign representing one of the leading manufacturers of motorcycles, ATVs, side by sides, and watercraft. Main functions will include assisting with overseeing and operating a consumer sport side by side (SXS) experience that involves consumer demonstration and ride experiences; assisting with operations of a fleet of tractor trailers and consumer demonstration & display vehicles, managing the logistics of setting up, activating, and tearing down program equipment at national off-road festivals, tradeshows, and other event activations throughout the calendar year; communicating with local event management teams; and acting as part of a team reporting to the Activation Tour Manager who will help with the overall program production and operations. Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for documenting and reporting critical tour information back to the Global Partnerships account team including photos, attendance records, inventory reports, and other activation metrics.
- Operate a touring tractor trailer experience throughout North America to, from, and between events and other locations in a safe and timely manner following DOT & FMCSA regulations.
- Manage set-up, activation, and tear-down of the experience for multiple displays in a week throughout the calendar year.
- Coordinate production and operational logistics with local event managers and/or venue management staff ensuring venue is properly informed and prepared for the activation and that the tour team is maintaining a safe, efficient, and timely schedule.
- Schedule, train, and effectively manage onsite staff including Brand Ambassadors, Production Assistants, Security, and other event resources.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with Activation Tour Manger, event colleagues, and office team regularly.
- Responsible for operating and maintaining SXSs, including ensuring cleaning, checks and routine maintenance occur regularly in coordination with manufacturer service technicians (training to be provided).
- Responsible for ensuring the integrity of the brand experience while keeping the safety and security of the consumers, audience, and company at the forefront of priority.
- Responsible for assisting in the management of a SXS product demonstration experience both on closed tracks as well as open trail systems.
- Ability to assist in and step into the leadership role when Activation Tour Manager is off site or unavailable.
- Responsible for operating and maintaining tour assets and equipment properly, including ensuring cleaning, checks and routine maintenance occur regularly (training to be provided).
- Actively look for ways to make the program more effective. Identify areas of concern and opportunity and present them to the office team for consideration.
- Must successfully complete training on activation operations as required by company and client, to include product, safety, maintenance, and guest experience training.
- Maintain professional appearance and demeanor while representing the activation.
- Able to travel on the road full time for a multi-year opportunity.
- Willing to work nomadically at times while on the road.
- 3+ years’ experience managing and activating for experiential marketing campaigns on a national level in a leadership role is preferred.
- Must have a current CDL-A driver’s license with a Motorcycle Endorsement and a clean driving record.
- Must have at least 2-5 years UTV or recreational off-road trail riding experience, with preferred experience in 2 and/or 4-wheel racing and group trail riding.
- Adaptability in multiple scenarios, ability to operate UTVs on dirt paths with obstacles.
- Ability to lead in a fast-paced environment and be an integral part of the team environment.
- Experience managing a footprint of over 1,000 square feet and multiple locations that are live simultaneously.
- Experience managing remote guided expeditions.
- Experience in instructional roles and group management and organization.
- Preferred experience with similar demo programs in a lead and chase format.
- Preferred experience in mechanical maintenance for tractors, generators, UTVs and other powersports equipment.
- Proven ability to work closely with supervisor(s) in receiving, understanding, and executing event details and direction.
- Be socially engaging and comfortable interacting with diverse audiences, including client and client representatives, guests, vendors, and teammates.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, maintain, and repair tour assets.
- Be physically fit with an ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and carry 75+lbs.
- Strong attention to detail, a positive attitude, and a team player.
- Mechanical knowledge, tractor, generator, UTVs and other powersports equipment; mechanical maintenance a plus.
- Ability to speak enthusiastically to a large group of people; emcee experience a plus.
- Ability to learn quickly to become an expert on client initiatives.
- Ability to educate, manage and lead consumers.
- Critical thinker and team player as this position has a teammate for the season.
- Comfortable speaking to large groups of diverse people.
- Ability to lift larger items during set-up and tear-down of the display.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Ability to operate within a fast-paced environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Should be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences.
- Must be comfortable booking own travel through corporate site.
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our employees, customers, and partners worldwide. We celebrate diversity and encourage our profoundly talented workforce to express themselves proudly. Our successful business model requires different perspectives and voices so that we can create the incredible live shows we put on. Come join us and help us light up the world.