Touring Public Relations Manager, Ringling Bros. and Barnum & BaileyShow Unit/Traveling Show | Full Time Global Communications & Media — Public Relations
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice, Marvel Universe LIVE!, Jurassic World Live Tour, Kawasaki and Spin Master. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com for more information.
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated or be qualified for a medical or religious exemption. Proof of vaccination is required and may be submitted via the Company’s secure website. Florida employees may request exemption pursuant to FL House Bill No. 1-B. Fully vaccinated is defined as 14 days after the second dose of a two dose vaccine or 14 days after the single dose of a one dose vaccine.
Please note that all Mitigation Guidelines for touring employees remain in effect as do any applicable venue, local, state, and/or international requirements, rules, regulations, and/or laws in territories outside of Florida.)
This position is responsible for managing the onsite media activations including planning and executing all on-site media segments and working with the corporate, regional teams and show staff to coordinate public relations efforts.Essential Functions
- Work with the Corporate Global PR team, regional communications team and unit staff to develop and manage the local execution onsite for all publicity efforts.
- Manage day-to-day needs with local PR for Ringling including scheduling early morning PR requests, media days, influencer engagement in addition to additional interview opportunities.
- Assist the PR Manager in coordinating the overall Public Relations efforts as well as revising existing show documents.
- Assist the PR Manager and regional PR Team in providing the field with the tools to promote the show and streamline resources.
- Serve as liaison to performers regarding local publicity efforts for touring shows.
- Assist in maintaining show publicity materials for the press, field and the publicists’ resource site.
- Coordinate publicity requests on the touring show by working with performers and show staff.
- Assist with prepping performers and staff for onsite interviews with messaging and strategic direction.
- Coordinate content capture for video and photo needs.
- Manage timelines, planning and budgets.
- Bachelor's degree required (PR, Journalism, Advertising, Marketing or English major preferred)
- 3 to 5 years of public relations or related experience with emphasis on onsite media management.
- Strong media relation skills. Prior media contacts a plus. On-camera broadcast experience a plus, but not required.
- Knowledge of broadcast media logistics and operations.
- Strong interpersonal skills, polished, professional appearance and must be highly organized.
- Ability to interface with multiple levels within and outside Feld Entertainment.
- Solid event planning skills and time management skills.
- Ability to manage heavy workload, multiple projects simultaneously.
- Levelheaded capacity to make sound judgments and lead under pressure.
- Team oriented with the interest of being on-the-road with a traveling show.
- Highly flexible and resourceful with the ability to problem solve meaningful solutions.
- Willingness to tour 100% of the time.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and knowledge of SmartSheet.
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our employees, customers, and partners worldwide. We celebrate diversity and encourage our profoundly talented workforce to express themselves proudly. Our successful business model requires different perspectives and voices so that we can create the incredible live shows we put on. Come join us and help us light up the world.