Director of Tax
| Full Time
Financial Planning & Analysis — Tax
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Sesame Street Live!, Jurassic World Live Tour,
Spin Master. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated or be qualified for a medical or religious exemption. Proof of vaccination is required and may be submitted via the Company’s secure website. Florida employees may request exemption pursuant to FL House Bill No. 1-B. Fully vaccinated is defined as 14 days after the second dose of a two dose vaccine or 14 days after the single dose of a one dose vaccine.
Please note that all Mitigation Guidelines for touring employees remain in effect as do any applicable venue, local, state, and/or international requirements, rules, regulations, and/or laws in territories outside of Florida.)
Reporting to the Vice President, Tax Planning & Compliance, the Director of Tax will be responsible for managing worldwide tax compliance and provision while fostering a collaborative and innovative team environment. This includes corporate income tax compliance and provision, sales & use tax, value added tax, property tax, and unclaimed property. The responsibilities also include documenting global tax positions, forecasting cash tax payments, and managing tax audits. Essential Functions
- This position is responsible for tax compliance, tax planning, and accounting for income taxes.
- Effective communication with management in operations, accounting, financial planning, legal, treasury, and service providers to execute responsibilities.
- Active involvement in continuous process improvement to reduce corporate tax function spend, improve efficiencies, and minimize tax liabilities while maintaining compliance within all applicable taxing jurisdictions.
- Develop, document, and execute Company’s tax policies and procedures.
- Oversee timely and accurate completion of US Federal, international, and state/local income tax returns including all related analysis and support. Identifies opportunities to minimize tax liabilities each year while maintaining compliance with current tax laws.
- Oversee timely and accurate completion of sales/use tax and property tax obligations.
- Coordinate with taxing jurisdictions and outside resources as necessary on federal, international, and state/local filings and audits. Represent the company on tax audits conducted by tax authorities or other outside regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for accounting for income taxes (income tax provision) for the US and foreign subsidiaries and coordinating with local staff and third parties.
- Responsible for transfer pricing documentation and management fee arrangements.
- Liaise with operating management on tax issues and accounting staff on tax accounting issues.
- Departmental liaison with IT staff on all technical matters relating to tax technology.
- Coordinate with Treasury on cash management and tax planning as required.
- Research and manage tax planning based on current tax laws, advise senior management on the impact of current and proposed activities and transactions.
- Direct and oversee the retention of tax records and other required reports.
- Continuous personal development and tax technical development.
- Manage and develop team and mentor/build successors. Participate in formulating and successfully implementing goals and objectives of the tax team and the company.
Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, Master’s Degree in Business Taxation.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Juris Doctorate (JD) license preferred.
- 10-15 years of related tax experience (including some international tax) with 2-4 years of this experience in a public accounting firm.
- Minimum of 2 years of previous management experience in a public accounting or corporate tax department with direct supervisory responsibility.
- Experience with ERP systems, research software, and tax preparation software packages.
- Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach, must be a quick learner, and success in working in a team-based, fast-paced, and collaborative environment.
- Must have strong project management skills, interpersonal skills, and communication skills (oral and written). Must be positive, professional, ethical, honest, and trustworthy.
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our employees, customers, and partners worldwide. We celebrate diversity and encourage our profoundly talented workforce to express themselves proudly. Our successful business model requires different perspectives and voices so that we can create the incredible live shows we put on. Come join us and help us light up the world.