Stagehand Arena Rigger
Show Unit/Traveling Show
| Full Time
Production & Operations Touring Units — Combined Touring Operations
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Jurassic World Live Tour,
Spin Master. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 80 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.
PLEASE NOTE: This position remains posted on our website year-round. We may or may not currently have an opening, but we encourage you to submit your resume now in the event one becomes available. We will keep your resume on file and contact you within a year of submitting if your skills and experience meet the job qualifications. You may be contacted via phone or email for any of our touring properties.
The Arena Rigger functions as a member of an integrated team of rigging specialists on a large scale arena touring production by assisting with all aspects of truss, chain hoist, and specialized performance rigging related to the production while maintaining the integrity of the artistic concept and adhering to Best Practice Safety Standards. Essential Job Functions
- Actively participate in the setup and tear-down of all rigging, trussing, automation systems, stunt equipment and other applicable gear while directing local crews in the loading and unloading, assembling and disassembling of all associated equipment.
- Responsible for repairing and maintaining all rigging equipment and hardware as directed by supervisors and Best Practice Safety Standards.
- Ensure the safety and security of rigging equipment at all times including but not limited to chain hoist motors, truss, ground support, winch lines, stunt equipment, safety systems and fall protection systems.
- Responsible for following cues to maintain high standards of quality established for the production’s aesthetics and creative vision.
- Responsible for following the rules, regulations and guidelines as set forth by “Feld Entertainment Inc.” Best Practice Guidelines and local regulations as they pertain to the Marvel Universe Live Production.
- Responsible for compliance with all safety and security procedures and for continually seeking to improve efficiency and safety within the rigging department and overall production.
- Responsible for accepting all other duties as assigned by supervisors.
- Associate degree or higher in Technical Theatre and/or 6+ years real world experience in the field of rigging in the arena, movie, or theatre touring industries.
- Ability to climb and work ‘focus, adjust and repair’ at heights in excess of 55ft before, during and after performance and during rigging calls, load in and load out.
- Experience in arena, movie, theatre rigging, purchase systems, and ground support trussing.
- Highly skilled in chain motor hoist and stunt equipment operation, repair and maintenance.
- Rope, aircraft cable splicing, Nicropress skills.
- Knowledge and or experience operating stationary and drum winch motors and automation systems.
- Ability to lift over 75 lbs, stand for 2 hours and operate small hand tools.
- Additional skills in carpentry, welding, metal fabrication and understanding of some electrical principles, formulas and drawings.
- Forklift, Aerial lift operator certification a plus.
- Ability and desire to tour year round.
- Ability to travel internationally and to Canada.
Given the touring nature of Feld Entertainment’s business, COVID vaccination is strongly encouraged for successful candidates.
International Touring Personnel
To the extent international touring personnel are visiting a jurisdiction that requires vaccination, proof of vaccination in accordance with the relevant international law should be submitted directly to either the Tour Manager or to Human Resources at least six weeks prior to the start of the tour. The Company will maintain all information regarding vaccination status as confidential in accordance with applicable laws. The Company cannot guarantee employment for any Associate who is unable to satisfy foreign entry requirements.
Mitigation Guidelines for touring employees will remain in effect until further notice as do applicable venue, local, state and/or international requirements, rules, regulations and/or laws, if any.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our employees, customers, and partners worldwide. We celebrate diversity and encourage our profoundly talented workforce to express themselves proudly. Our successful business model requires different perspectives and voices so that we can create the incredible live shows we put on. Come join us and help us light up the world.