Manager - Casting & Performer Training
Ellenton, Florida - E-Verify
| Full Time
Production & Operations Touring Units — Touring Creative
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Jurassic World Live Tour,
Spin Master. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.
Oversees or assists with all phases of the performer audition process, with a focus on recruiting & hiring puppeteers and character performers, actors, dancers, stunt performers. Conducts or assists with performer training. Conducts or assists with PR character & escort training. Essential Functions
- Conducts or assists with auditions / recruiting efforts for all FEI productions. Identifies appropriate markets and key partners and secures locations for performer auditions. Creates marketing materials, strategies and schedules for the auditions. Works in conjunction with the Intellectual Property (IP) holder, Creative team and Casting Director to develop the appropriate guidelines for the roles in the show. Makes hiring recommendations for all roles in the show.
- Creates and teaches dance / movement, puppetry, and animation sequences for auditions.
- Conducts or assists with Performer Character, Puppetry, Lip Sync, Host movement and choreography training. Provides support to other aspects of rehearsals as requested including suggestions for blocking or choreography.
- Conducts PR Character & Escort Training for Ice, Stage, Floor and Motorsports shows. Develops and maintains PR Character & Escort Training logs / records. Works with Licensee to identify, train and seek approvals for PR Characters.
- Consults with International Marketing and other internal and external partners to support casting of “Local Hosts” and Language Trainers for all touring shows (when they are performed in languages other than English)
- Communicates with candidates and provides feedback on applications and at live auditions.
- Maintains the database of audition materials including but not limited to resumes, headshots, and videos. Responds to request for audition record, video clips, etc. from internal and external partners.
- Coordinates & administers pre-hire process, contracting, and collaborates with HR department for post-offer on-boarding activities of new cast members.
- Reviews all performance reports and advises as necessary to maintain the overall quality of the Shows regarding casting and performance.
- Works with the Production team on developing show concepts, blocking, and choreography.
Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 yrs. experience teaching and/or coaching characters and puppets
- Extensive knowledge of family-friendly media content, including but not limited to Disney, Marvel, Jurassic World characters & stories.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, Mac Operating System, video editing software, file-sharing systems, and archiving software. Ability to work with the IT Department and outside vendors to update and maintain audition software.
- Ability to travel frequently – Domestic and International travel required.
- Ability to coordinate multiple work projects on an on-going basis; ability to work well with others and work independently.
Given the touring nature of Feld Entertainment’s business, COVID vaccination is strongly encouraged for successful candidates.
International Touring Personnel
To the extent international touring personnel are visiting a jurisdiction that requires vaccination, proof of vaccination in accordance with the relevant international law should be submitted directly to either the Tour Manager or to Human Resources at least six weeks prior to the start of the tour. The Company will maintain all information regarding vaccination status as confidential in accordance with applicable laws. The Company cannot guarantee employment for any Associate who is unable to satisfy foreign entry requirements.
Mitigation Guidelines for touring employees will remain in effect until further notice as do applicable venue, local, state and/or international requirements, rules, regulations and/or laws, if any.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our employees, customers, and partners worldwide. We celebrate diversity and encourage our profoundly talented workforce to express themselves proudly. Our successful business model requires different perspectives and voices so that we can create the incredible live shows we put on. Come join us and help us light up the world.