Casting Director - Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey - The Greatest Show on Earth
Ellenton, Florida - E-Verify
| Full Time
Production & Operations Touring Units — Touring Creative
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Jurassic World Live Tour,
Spin Master. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.
The Casting Director will:
· Work closely with Show Directors, FEI Senior Executives, and Producers to secure the greatest performers & acts on earth, for The Greatest Show on Earth.
· Conceptualize / develop new acts, and advise on equipment & training required to maintain existing / potential acts.
Provide artistic and creative mentoring to Performers and Performance Directors to ensure that the shows are of the highest quality. Essential Job Functions
- Identifying, recruiting, auditioning, and contracting performers / acts for the show
- Working with Show Directors, FEI Senior Executives, and Producers to conceptualize / develop new acts for the show; and advising on equipment and training required for existing & potential acts for the show
- Providing artistic and creative direction / mentoring to performers to ensure that performances are of the highest quality
- Working with FEI's Senior Executives to establish budgets, and advising on strategies for meeting those financial objectives
- Working with FEI's Legal & Operations personnel to assemble required documentation and obtain work permits / visas for performers
- Assisting Performers / Performance Directors with the development of understudy / backup talent and show contingency plans
- Mentoring Performance Directors, and assisting with the recruiting / selection and training of new Performance Directors for the show
- Serving as a liaison between Cast, Performance Director and Production Team during show rehearsals
- Assisting with the recruiting, auditioning, and contracting of performers for FEI’s other touring productions
- Bachelors degree (B.A.) in Theatre, Music, and / or Stage Directing, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ yrs stage / live show production experience and 1+ year(s) of experience with a touring production
- Must have an extensive professional network of performers, agents, agencies, educational institutions, circus schools, etc.
- The ability to evaluate / critique circus acts and all types of live performance
- Knowledge of music, acting and vocal performance; and the ability to teach / direct actors, singers, and other live speaking performers
- Strong contract negotiation skills and a demonstrable history of successful negotiations with agents / performers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills and the ability to use Microsoft Office, basic audio / video editing software, and collaboration / file-sharing tools
- Must be willing & able to travel extensively - both domestically and internationally
Given the touring nature of Feld Entertainment’s business, COVID vaccination is strongly encouraged for successful candidates.
International Touring Personnel
To the extent international touring personnel are visiting a jurisdiction that requires vaccination, proof of vaccination in accordance with the relevant international law should be submitted directly to either the Tour Manager or to Human Resources at least six weeks prior to the start of the tour. The Company will maintain all information regarding vaccination status as confidential in accordance with applicable laws. The Company cannot guarantee employment for any Associate who is unable to satisfy foreign entry requirements.
Mitigation Guidelines for touring employees will remain in effect until further notice as do applicable venue, local, state and/or international requirements, rules, regulations and/or laws, if any.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our employees, customers, and partners worldwide. We celebrate diversity and encourage our profoundly talented workforce to express themselves proudly. Our successful business model requires different perspectives and voices so that we can create the incredible live shows we put on. Come join us and help us light up the world.