| Full Time
Financial Planning & Analysis — Tax
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Sesame Street Live!, Jurassic World Live Tour,
Spin Master. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.
Successful candidate affirms that they are/will be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus on or before their first day of employment. Proof of vaccination is required and may be submitted via the Company’s secure website. Fully vaccinated is defined as 14 days after the second dose of a two dose vaccine or 14 days after the single dose of a one dose vaccine.
The Tax Accountant will be an integral part of the tax team assisting management in achieving team goals that facilitate the accurate and timely completion of all regulatory and reporting requirements for internal and external parties. Through understanding of tax concepts, the Tax Accountant will assist with the preparation and analysis of global income tax returns, tax position work-paper documentation, tax provisions, and income tax payment computations. The Tax Accountant also coordinates the review and filing of state and local sales & use tax as prepared by external consultants, prepares property tax and other required filings for the Company. The Tax Accountant will contribute to the timely preparation of the worldwide consolidated income tax provision and financial reporting responsibilities. The Tax Accountant will assist with foreign/international VAT, GST and income tax responsibilities through collaboration with external consultants and auditors. Essential Job Functions
- Prepare and review computations, workpapers, schedules, and other items related to income tax return filings, annual income tax provisions, and estimated and extension payments, for federal, state, local, and foreign jurisdictions while ensuring proper documentation of the Company’s filing methodologies.
- Prepare and proper document the Company’s property tax, franchise tax returns and other filings, and prepares international indirect tax filings.
- Reconcile notices from federal, state and local taxing authorities, contact tax agencies to obtain information, resolve issues, and respond to inquiries from outside auditors (both private and government).
- Keep up to date on current tax practices, technical issues, and changes in tax law to perform ongoing monthly review and analysis of all tax-related transactions and liabilities in the general ledger to ensure proper reporting of tax-related expenses, assets, and liabilities.
- Actively support and participate in planning and decision-making for on-going process improvement.
- Perform moderately complex tax research and assist with tax planning analysis.
- Maintain tax department compliance software, including regular updates, and build the tax filing module for electronic filings. Maintains the corporate subsidiary organizational chart for tax reporting purposes.
- BS/BA in accounting or equivalent experience.
- Current CPA license, CPA candidate, Masters - Taxation or J.D. strongly preferred.
- 1-3 years of prior tax experience including domestic federal, state, and local tax compliance in a public accounting firm or medium to large size company with multiple subsidiaries. Prior experience with multiple state sales tax and state income tax returns a plus.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and Windows required. Must be able to use various tax research tools. Prior experience with Corptax and Lawson software a plus.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) required, along with a positive and professional demeanor. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, task oriented, and a self-starter.
- Must be able to perform in a deadline driven environment.
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our employees, customers, and partners worldwide. We celebrate diversity and encourage our profoundly talented workforce to express themselves proudly. Our successful business model requires different perspectives and voices so that we can create the incredible live shows we put on. Come join us and help us light up the world.