Show Unit/Traveling Show
| Full Time
Production & Operations Touring Units — Jurassic World Live! Crew
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Sesame Street Live!, Jurassic World Live Tour,
Spin Master. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated or be qualified for a medical or religious exemption. Proof of vaccination is required and may be submitted via the Company’s secure website. Florida employees may request exemption pursuant to FL House Bill No. 1-B. Fully vaccinated is defined as 14 days after the second dose of a two dose vaccine or 14 days after the single dose of a one dose vaccine.
Please note that all Mitigation Guidelines for touring employees remain in effect as do any applicable venue, local, state, and/or international requirements, rules, regulations, and/or laws in territories outside of Florida.)
The Animatronic Technician works backstage assisting in building, maintaining, and running large scale animatronic props as determined by supervisors in conjunction with the guidelines of best practices during performances. Assists in directing local crews, loading and unloading, and assembling and disassembling of all related show equipment. Conducts regular maintenance in an effort to preserve the high integrity and professionalism of the company and its equipment. This position will be working in conjunction with other Animatronic Team members with varieties of specialties to create a well-rounded and successful production. Essential Functions
- Troubleshoot complex electrical and pneumatic systems, including but not limited to PID or loop control, Beckhoff or comparable PLC training, actuators, and Servo drives.
- Assist with training performers on appropriate controllers and puppets to allow them to safely execute performance tracks.
- Work on a rotating schedule with other animatronic technicians to perform daily preventive and corrective maintenance on all possible components, in compliance with manuals and in accordance with the maintenance schedule, training and/or prescribed procedure.
- Directs local crews in loading and unloading; assembling and disassembling show equipment as assigned.
- Support response to, and resolution of, operational disturbances and emergencies in compliance with training and/or prescribed procedures.
- Complete accurate maintenance logs in a timely manner.
- Comply with all safety and security procedures related to the show and Feld Entertainment Safety policies.
- Accept all other relevant duties as assigned by supervisor.
Skills & Abilities
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in an electrical, mechanical, or automation field; Comparable work experience also accepted.
- At least two (2) years of experience with Servos, animatronics, or pneumatic/electrical systems in a live entertainment setting is preferred.
- At least one (1) year of MIG/TIG welding experience, welding certification preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical or electrical problems, and repair or replace mechanical and electrical components as necessary.
- A working understanding of electrical and pneumatic schematics, and also comprehend technical manual instruction.
- Ability to work on ladders and/or within confined spaces for long periods of time.
- Knowledge and ability to use hand tools, specialty equipment related to Servos/actuators, and small motors.
- Ability to problem solve on the fly, and willingness to work independently or with a team of varying skillsets.
- Ability to accept and follow oral, written, and/or diagram instructions
- Ability and desire to travel (domestically and internationally) year-round.
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our employees, customers, and partners worldwide. We celebrate diversity and encourage our profoundly talented workforce to express themselves proudly. Our successful business model requires different perspectives and voices so that we can create the incredible live shows we put on. Come join us and help us light up the world.