Touring Show/Traveling position Ellenton (HQ)
| Full Time
Production & Operations Touring Units — Combined Touring Operations
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice, Disney Live!,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Sesame Street Live!,DreamWorks Trolls The Experience
and Jurassic World LiveTour
. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.
The Technical Director provides oversight and logistical coordination of all technical operations of the production while overseeing the Feld Entertainment Health and Safety Program. In addition the Technical Director is the direct supervisor of the Production Stage Manager.
PLEASE NOTE: This position remains posted on our website year-round. We may or may not currently have an opening, but we encourage you to submit your resume now in the event one becomes available. We will keep your resume on file and contact you within a year of submitting if your skills and experience meet the job qualifications. You may be contacted via phone or email for any of our touring properties. Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the presentation of the show from a technical and production standpoint.
- Responsible for advanced planning for engagements including but not limited to local labor, catering, setting up, engineering review, rental equipment, performance and tearing down of all production elements
- As the Safety Officer on the Show, responsible for following and administering the Feld Entertainment Inc. Safety and Health Program and ensuring compliance with the programs regulations.
- Responsible for following and administering compliance with ordinances governing the use and operation of pyrotechnic devices, flying equipment and performers as set forth by Local, State, and Federal authorities in the US and in foreign countries.
- Direct supervisor of the Production Stage Manager
- Responsible for submitting technical and safety reports for each engagement on a timely basis to Ice and Stage Show Operations.
- Responsible for the movement of show equipment from city to city in conjunction with corporate transportation.
- Conducting (in conjunction with Company Manager) bi-annual performance appraisals for the Production Stage Manager.
- Responsible for following and enforcing the rules, regulations and guidelines set forth by “Feld Entertainment’ as they pertain to the Shows in conjunction with being responsible for one’s own professional standard of conduct, appearance and work performance.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisors.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) or five+ years related experience or equivalent combination of training, education and or experience.
- A thorough understanding of large scale arena touring show operations, equivalent combination of experience and education, or related experience with other traveling family entertainment shows.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience working with engineering reports, rigging equipment, chain-hoists, trussing, winches, and load limits.
- Ability to write, read, and interpret documents such as contracts, blueprints, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, safety manuals, and hiring guidelines, as well as to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to produce and carry out instructions; furnished in written, oral, or diagram form, and the ability to solve practical problems and interpret diverse instructions.
- Ability to use computer aided design programs
- Knowledge of and experience working with electricity, show control, scenic elements, stage sets, props, lighting systems, costumes and sound equipment.
- Ability to climb a wire rope ladder or tower leg and work with equipment at heights of 50’ or more using safety equipment with a maximum 300 lb. load limit
- Ability to communicate on various organizational levels with strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Understanding of theatrical terms and directions.
- Experience working with unions (e.g. I.A.T.S.E.) and labor companies
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Valid driver’s license and Passport.
- Ability to work with a variety of computer programs.
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.