Cosmetology and Wig Specialist
| Full Time
Florida Operations & Show Support — Costumes
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Sesame Street Live!, Jurassic World Live Tour,
Spin Master. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated or be qualified for a medical or religious exemption. Proof of vaccination is required and may be submitted via the Company’s secure website. Florida employees may request exemption pursuant to FL House Bill No. 1-B. Fully vaccinated is defined as 14 days after the second dose of a two dose vaccine or 14 days after the single dose of a one dose vaccine.
Please note that all Mitigation Guidelines for touring employees remain in effect as do any applicable venue, local, state, and/or international requirements, rules, regulations, and/or laws in territories outside of Florida.)
Works as part of the Ellenton, Florida workroom on developing and maintaining costume wigs, makeup, and other cosmetology items for new productions and refurbishment projects. Essential Functions
- Is responsible for the professional standards of conduct, appearance, and workmanship of personnel in their respective jobs.
- Will work with the Costume Director, Costume Shop Manager, and License Partners (Disney) on creating/maintaining character and ensemble and wig and make up elements for new and currently running productions.
- Must have the knowledge and ability to evaluate existing wigs/items and make appropriate choices for restyling or replacing.
- Must have an aptitude to absorb specific Disney wig and make-up training, provided by Disney as part of the initial hiring and training process.
- Previous Disney wig experience a plus.
- Responsible for staying within the budgeted number of hours allocated to each project as stated in the Work.
- Responsible for meeting all realistic production deadlines.
- Responsible for establishing cost-effective methods to complete deadlines in an appropriate time manner.
- Seeks to continually improve operational efficiency.
- Accepts all other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- A current cosmetology license is preferred and the ideal candidate must have theatrical wig experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and follow written instructions. Ability to provide logical solutions to problems and to interpret a variety of requests or instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or scheduled form.
- Must have the knowledge and ability to break wigs down, wash, restyle as trained as well as identify areas that are non-oversight items that can be created/maintained in-house.
- Must have an artistic eye and be able to understand and successfully realize the design concepts of the Costume Director, designer and/or license partners.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working with diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Must be able to travel and work domestically and internationally as required, in out-of-town locations.
- Must have the ability to train wardrobe associates and skater stylists in a variety of wig styling and care techniques, and supervise the work of unit-level staff as required.
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our employees, customers, and partners worldwide. We celebrate diversity and encourage our profoundly talented workforce to express themselves proudly. Our successful business model requires different perspectives and voices so that we can create the incredible live shows we put on. Come join us and help us light up the world.