Assistant Lighting Operations Manager
| Full Time
Florida Operations & Show Support — Electrical & Lighting
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Sesame Street Live!, Jurassic World Live Tour,
Spin Master. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.
The Assistant Lighting Operations Manager is part of the Electrical Show Support department. This position will be responsible for assisting with the oversight of all Lighting, Video, Power, and Networking equipment on Feld productions and at Feld Entertainment Studios. This position will be responsible for assisting with maintaining department equipment and assisting touring stagehands when required. Occasional travel (approximately 25% of the time) may be required. Essential Job Functions
- Operation, oversight, and supervision in the setup and teardown of all equipment as it pertains to the electrical, lighting and automation departments. Must be able to direct local-crews and Feld employees in the loading, unloading, assembling, and dissembling of all associated equipment as needed.
- Responsible for assisting with the repair and maintenance of all equipment related to the lighting and video departments.
- Ensure the safety and security of electrical, lighting, and video equipment (and other equipment related to the electrical department) following practices of “Lock Out Tag Out” protocol.
- Provides support to activations and in-house productions for Feld Entertainment.
- Responsible for following rules, regulations, compliance, safety policies and constantly seeking to improve efficiency and safety within the electrical department and overall show touring productions.
- Assists in developing department Best Practices and ensuring that productions are adhering to them.
- Manage and maintain FELD equipment and parts inventory.
- Prep, execute, and supervise events with minimal supervision.
- Responsible for accepting all other duties assigned by supervisors.
- Minimum 5+ years of lighting technical experience in corporate events, theater, TV, event staging, tours and or festivals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and interpret diverse instructions furnished in various forms including verbal, written, blueprints, schematics and CAD documents.
- Must be a good leader and a team player that inspires others to do and be the same.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally - at times for extended periods.
- Must hold a valid Driver’s License and US Passport.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in high-pressure situations.
- Proactive work ethic.
- Ability to work irregular hours when the circumstances demand it.
- ETCP Entertainment Electrician or Portable Power Distribution Technician preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of electrical meters, phase indicators, electrical measurements, formulas, resistance, data and amperage measurements and requirements.
- Ability to specify necessary parts and equipment for the safe repair of all Electrics Department systems.
- Ideal candidate will be proficient in multiple of the following areas:
- Moving Light repair (Clay Paky, High End Systems, Robe, etc.).
- Automated Followspot systems (BlackTrax).
- Followspot Maintenance and Repair (Lycian).
- Theatrical and Arena Rigging.
- Drafting and navigating in AutoCAD programs (WYSIWYG and Vectorworks preferred).
- Lighting and video networking.
- Projector Maintenance and Mapping.
- LED Wall Maintenance and Mapping.
- Lighting Console Programming (Elation Obsidian, GrandMA2, ETC).
- Media Server Programming (d3/disguise, Green Hippo).
- Electrical Principles (AC & DC) and 3-Phase WYE Power. Including experience with Generators, Transformers, and Company Switches.
- Soldering and PCB component repair.
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our employees, customers, and partners worldwide. We celebrate diversity and encourage our profoundly talented workforce to express themselves proudly. Our successful business model requires different perspectives and voices so that we can create the incredible live shows we put on. Come join us and help us light up the world.