Touring Show/Traveling position Ellenton (HQ)
| Full Time
Production & Operations Touring Units — Combined Touring Operations
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice, Disney Live!,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Sesame Street Live!,DreamWorks Trolls The Experience
and Jurassic World LiveTour
. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.
Leads (and is part of) a “key” touring Unit (show) management team. Provide leadership and logistic coordination for the assigned Unit through the monitoring and guidance of the show’s Staff, Performers and Stagehands. Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for maintaining a consistently high level of production and performance quality.
- Responsible for following and administering the rules, regulations and guidelines set forth by “Feld Entertainment, Inc.” best practices as they pertain to the Ice and Stage Shows.
- Continually seeking to improve the operational efficiency of their assigned Unit.
- Mediation (in conjunction with HR Dept. when appropriate) of work-related disputes.
- Responsible for ensuring the communication of Touring Operations Safety and Health Program requirements to the individuals on the unit; for periodic monitoring and surveying of safety conditions; and compliance with the programs regulations.
- Preparing (in accordance with contract terms and established policies) and submitting weekly payroll for their assigned Unit.
- Responsible (in conjunction with Touring Operations, Creative, Human Resources and Show Support) for ensuring completion of hiring processes and placement for all Stagehands, Performers, and Show Staff positions within their assigned Unit.
- Supervision and approval of all arrangements or agreements made by, or entered into by, Show Staff personnel.
- Responsible for oversight and, if necessary, completion of all tasks normally performed by Show Staff personnel.
- Operation of the Unit within established budgets (Overhead and Engagement); and explanation of items or situations that result in budget variances.
- Conducting (in conjunction with Unit Staff, Touring Operations, Show Support, and Creative Depts.) bi-annual performance appraisals for all Ice and Stage Performers, Crew, and Staff personnel.
- Oversight of all Unit Public Relations & Promotional activities to ensure that they are in compliance with current “Feld Entertainment, Inc.” and Disney© guidelines.
- Responsible for own professional standards of conduct, appearance and work performance.
- All other job related duties as assigned by supervisor
- A thorough understanding of Live Ice / Stage Show operations, or equivalent combination of education and experience with traveling live family entertainment shows
- The ability to read, and interpret documents, such as contracts, blueprints, operating / maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, safety manuals, and hiring guidelines; and to write routine reports and correspondence
- Experience working in, supervising, and negotiating with Performer, Stagehand, and Labor unions (e.g. Equity, I.A.T.S.E., and Teamsters)
- The ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form, and the ability to solve practical problems and interpret diverse instructions in a variety of forms.
- The ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, and to be able to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Must possess a Valid driver’s license and Passport
- Ability to communicate on various organizational levels
- Must possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Familiarity with computer networking and MS Office, and Drafting software
- The ability and willingness to travel internationally and domestically 100% of the time
- Knowledge of Theatrical terms and directions, Stagecraft, Lighting, Audio Engineering, Stage Set Construction, Basic wood and metal fabrication, Domestic and International logistic planning, Basic rigging techniques / safety, Visa / Immigration processes; and the ability to evaluate Ice Skating and Theatrical Performances
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.