Soft Goods Supervisor
| Full Time
Florida Operations & Show Support — Hagenbeck-Wallace
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Sesame Street Live!, Jurassic World Live Tour,
Spin Master. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated or be qualified for a medical or religious exemption. Proof of vaccination is required and may be submitted via the Company’s secure website. Florida employees may request exemption pursuant to FL House Bill No. 1-B. Fully vaccinated is defined as 14 days after the second dose of a two dose vaccine or 14 days after the single dose of a one dose vaccine.
Please note that all Mitigation Guidelines for touring employees remain in effect as do any applicable venue, local, state, and/or international requirements, rules, regulations, and/or laws in territories outside of Florida.)
The successful candidate supervises soft goods staff and controls shop workflow to produce soft goods and props for new productions, as well as maintenance on existing shows. Maintains records of builds, purchases, and designs pursuant to soft goods and props that have been produced and keeps the shop well stocked with all materials and tools necessary. Essential Functions
Physical, Mental & Sensory Requirements
- Develop project planning to determine time frame, materials, and labor hour requirements for soft good scenic & prop elements with consideration for long term touring productions.
- Pattern making and problem solving associated with original concepts produced by designers; then communicating those plans to both management and the soft goods team.
- Maintain records of materials and methods for builds and refurbs, including flame retardance compliance.
- Ordering of all supplies, tools and maintenance needed by the soft goods shop.
Education, Skills and Experience Requirements
- Designated Function: Sitting 30%, Walking 10%, Standing 30%, Bending 10%, Kneeling 10%, Lifting 10%
- Special Requirements: Hand Manipulation, Reaching, Grasping, Visual, Auditory, Driving
- Designated Function: Mathematics-High, Reading-High, Verbal-Medium, Written-Medium, Reasoning-High
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or a minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of props, scenery or costumes.
- High proficiency of patterning and sewing scenic elements with industrial, domestic, serger machines and by hand.
- Ability to provide logical solutions to complex problems and communicate effectively with management and staff.
- Strong multitasking skills and the ability to interpret a variety of requests and prioritize them appropriately.
- Good interpersonal skills and experience working with diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Ability to write reports, instructions and correspondence using MS Word, Excel, and Smartsheet,
- To promote professional customer service including appearance and interactions with all contacts, both inside and outside of the company.
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our employees, customers, and partners worldwide. We celebrate diversity and encourage our profoundly talented workforce to express themselves proudly. Our successful business model requires different perspectives and voices so that we can create the incredible live shows we put on. Come join us and help us light up the world.