Production Stage Manager
Touring Show/Traveling position Ellenton (HQ)
| Full Time
Production & Operations Touring Units — Combined Touring Operations
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice, Disney Live!,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Sesame Street Live!,DreamWorks Trolls The Experience
and Jurassic World LiveTour
. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.
Part of a “key” touring unit management team. The Production Stage Manager for an Ice or Stage show provides leadership to the traveling crew, as well as oversight and logistical coordination of the technical operations of the production. Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the presentation of the show from a technical and production standpoint.
- Responsible for implementation of the Feld Entertainment Inc. Safety and Health Program and compliance with the programs regulations.
- Direct supervisor of the touring stagehands, responsible hiring and training of new stagehands
- Responsible for advanced planning for engagements including but not limited to local labor, catering, setting up, performance and tearing down of all production elements
- Responsible for following and administering of the rules, regulations and guidelines set forth by “Feld Entertainment Inc.” best practices as they pertain to Ice and Stage Shows.
- Responsible for the movement of show equipment from city to city in conjunction with corporate transportation.
- Responsible for submitting tech reports and safety program reports for each engagement on a timely basis to Ice and Stage Show Operations.
- Responsible for the arranging and purchasing of production related supplies as they relate to the show.
- Responsible for compliance with ordinances governing the use of pyrotechnic devices as set forth by Local, State, and Federal authorities in the US and in foreign countries.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisors.
- Associates Degree (A.A.) or one to three years related experience or equivalent combination of training, education and or experience.
- A thorough understanding of Ice and Stage show operations, equivalent combination of experience and education, or related experience with other traveling family entertainment shows
- Ability to read, and interpret documents such as contracts, blueprints, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, safety manuals, and hiring guidelines, as well as to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form, and the ability to solve practical problems and interpret diverse instructions.
- Experience working with, supervising, and negotiating with unions (e.g. I.A.T.S.E.) and labor companies
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Valid driver’s license and Passport.
- Ability to communicate on various organizational levels with strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Understanding of theatrical terms and directions.
- Knowledge of and experience working with chain-hoists, rigging equipment, electricity, scenic elements, stage sets, props, lighting systems, costumes and sound equipment.
- Ability to work with a variety of computer programs.
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.