Assistant Manager of Sound Operations
| Full Time
Florida Operations & Show Support — Audio
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Sesame Street Live!, Jurassic World Live Tour,
Spin Master. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.
This individual will train show crews on operation of systems and software tools. Assist in developing departmental standards, future planning, and in-house events. Assist in the day-to-day operations of the sound department. Be on call to assist shows as needed. Collaboratively design sound systems for Feld productions through research, development, and implementation.
Looking to have this individual start in January 2022. Salary range for this role is $55k-$60k/yr, along with an attractive Benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with a match, and more. Essential Job Functions
- Research, collaborate on, and implement design of show systems.
- Provide audio expertise required for any company production.
- Provide training for show personnel in relation to operation, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair of all audio equipment.
- Travel to touring units to complete above duties, in addition to ensuring that company standards and best practices are being maintained.
- Assist in the maintenance, repair, and refurbishment of all audio equipment stored at Palmetto facility.
- Assist with planning and set up of in-house events.
- Continually seeks to improve efficiency of operation.
- Accepts all other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- College degree in sound related field or theatre preferred. Other technical training and certifications a plus (Dante, Q-SYS, Smaart).
- Experience on a sound team as a member and a leader.
- Touring experience as Audio Crew lead a plus.
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to design, implement, troubleshoot, and repair sound systems.
- Proficient with digital sound consoles, speaker management software, audio networks, and playback systems.
- Full understanding of audio signal flow, Vectorworks drafting software, electrical flow, audio networks.
- General computer skills, ie: Excel, Word, CAD, audio editing, QLab, etc.
- Driver’s License required.
- Current Passport or ability to obtain one.
- Dante Level 1 Certification encouraged.
- Ability to be on call when needed.
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our employees, customers, and partners worldwide. We celebrate diversity and encourage our profoundly talented workforce to express themselves proudly. Our successful business model requires different perspectives and voices so that we can create the incredible live shows we put on. Come join us and help us light up the world.