Stagehand - Special Effects Technician (SFX)
Show Unit/Traveling Show
| Full Time
Uncategorized — Uncategorized
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Jurassic World Live Tour,
Spin Master. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.
Functions as a member of an integrated team of Special Effect Technicians on a large-scale arena touring production by assisting with all aspects of open flame, indoor pyrotechnics and all other special effects related to the production while maintaining the integrity of the artistic concept; adhering to Best Practice Safety Protocols and NFPA Standards and Guidelines. Essential Functions
- Responsible for the oversight, maintenance, execution and safety of all mechanical, combustible, and special effects systems, and fire suppression equipment
- Participate in the setup and teardown of all pyrotechnic gear and applicable equipment while directing local crews in the loading and unloading, assembling, and disassembling of all associated equipment.
- Responsible for repairing and maintaining all firing console equipment, associated hardware and fire suppression equipment and systems as directed by supervisors and Best Practice Standards.
- Always ensure the safety and security of pyrotechnic equipment and product including receiving, storage, handling and disposal of product and equipment.
- Responsible for following cues to maintain high standards of quality established for the production’s aesthetics and creative vision.
- Liaison with tour management staff, Show Support personnel and local fire authorities to ensure local permitting compliance including but not limited to opening day demonstrations, inspections, and disposal protocols
- Responsible for compliance with all Local and Feld Entertainment Inc. safety and security policies and continually seeking to improve efficiency and safety within the pyrotechnic department and overall production.
- Responsible for following the rules, regulations and guidelines set forth by Feld Entertainment Inc. as they pertain to the Marvel Universe Live Production.
- Responsible for accepting all other duties as assigned by supervisors.
Skills & Abilities
- Associate degree or higher in Technical Theatre and/or 5+ years real world experience in the field of indoor pyrotechnics and special effects in the movie, theatre, or arena touring industries.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety regulations, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals, as well as to write route reports and correspondence.
- Detail oriented and methodical in establishing daily procedures and show protocols.
- Ability to climb and work focus, adjust and repair at heights more than 55ft before, during and after performance and during rigging calls, load ins and load outs.
- Recognized as a proven team player with strong trouble shooting capabilities.
- Ability and desire to tour year-round.
- Ability to travel internationally and to Canada.
- Experience working with compressed gases (CO2, liquid propane).
- Knowledge of Electrical DC and AC voltage systems.
- Knowledge of wired and wireless firing systems a plus
- Ability to lift over 50lbs, stand for 2 hours and operate small hand tools.
- Additional skills in carpentry, welding, plumbing and metal fabrication a plus.
- Ability to climb, work, and repair at heights more than 40ft.
Given the touring nature of Feld Entertainment’s business, COVID vaccination is strongly encouraged for successful candidates.
International Touring Personnel
To the extent international touring personnel are visiting a jurisdiction that requires vaccination, proof of vaccination in accordance with the relevant international law should be submitted directly to either the Tour Manager or to Human Resources at least six weeks prior to the start of the tour. The Company will maintain all information regarding vaccination status as confidential in accordance with applicable laws. The Company cannot guarantee employment for any Associate who is unable to satisfy foreign entry requirements.
Mitigation Guidelines for touring employees will remain in effect until further notice as do applicable venue, local, state and/or international requirements, rules, regulations and/or laws, if any.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our employees, customers, and partners worldwide. We celebrate diversity and encourage our profoundly talented workforce to express themselves proudly. Our successful business model requires different perspectives and voices so that we can create the incredible live shows we put on. Come join us and help us light up the world.