Monster Jam® TV Show Technical DirectorEllenton, Florida | Part Time Marketing — Video Content
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice, Marvel Universe LIVE!, Jurassic World Live Tour, Kawasaki and Spin Master. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com for more information.
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated or be qualified for a medical or religious exemption. Proof of vaccination is required and may be submitted via the Company’s secure website. Florida employees may request exemption pursuant to FL House Bill No. 1-B. Fully vaccinated is defined as 14 days after the second dose of a two dose vaccine or 14 days after the single dose of a one dose vaccine.
Please note that all Mitigation Guidelines for touring employees remain in effect as do any applicable venue, local, state, and/or international requirements, rules, regulations, and/or laws in territories outside of Florida.)
The Show Technical Director will technical direct the television production of live to tape as well as other digital live-stream productions. Responsible for the setup and operation of the production switcher, video recording systems, and playback. Serve as one of the creative leads under the direction of the show director and producers on how the show is visibly displayed to viewers by a selection of cameras, graphics, video playback, and replays. Working in unison with the show director coordinates and preps show rundowns for production staff. Works with Tour Operations and Tour AV Team on the placement of cameras to ensure both the television and in-venue LED productions can mutually co-exist using the pool camera system. Execute within a collaborative, creative, and production-oriented team environment.Essential Functions
- In partnership with the show, the director leads the onsite/in-venue production crews in capturing appropriate and captivating content that highlights Monster Jam® as a premiere motorsports event.
- Works with Show Director & Producers in the updating of the show rundown or the production staff as the blueprint for the show's creative production.
- Operates the production switcher, Ki Pro recorders, Atomos recorders, rundown system, and other necessary production equipment.
- Works with Show Director to create the production rehearsal schedule, camera placement walkthroughs, and communication plan to ensure both broadcast and live event LED presentation needs are met while utilizing the same camera feeds.
- With show producers and tech, the manager ensures the proper testing of all equipment and communications with production crews.
- Ensures all pre-produced content is loaded and available for playback within the broadcast.
- Ensure broadcast video and audio ISO’s are correctly recorded to ensure show elements can be adjusted in the post-production environment.
- Ensures all network and FEI broadcast standards are met or exceeded in the live and live-to-tape environment.
- Encourage a collaborative, and creative production-oriented environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred or 5+ years of work-related experience as a technical director or director in live sports broadcast or live event multi-cam productions.
- Technically savvy and understanding of current technologies with multi-cam production switchers, fly packs, recording devices and intercom systems.
- A strong communicator and driven leader who understands how to do and delegate to meet tight deadline pressures. A driven leader that is self-motivated and capable of operating with limited direction.
- Must be calm under pressure and a team player. Someone who knows they don’t have all the answers but is resourceful enough to find solutions and listen to everyone on the team to discover them.
- Thorough knowledge of Adobe Premiere, After Effects, and Media Encoder
- Additional application knowledge rundown creator, excel, Office, PowerPoint, Keynote, & Smart Sheet
- Creative with sensibility/flare/desire.
- Prior use of automated workflow and digital asset management systems is a plus.
- Ability to lead and work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Must be a detail-oriented team player with exceptional organizational and time management skills.
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our employees, customers, and partners worldwide. We celebrate diversity and encourage our profoundly talented workforce to express themselves proudly. Our successful business model requires different perspectives and voices so that we can create the incredible live shows we put on. Come join us and help us light up the world.