Senior Graphic and Product Designer
| Full Time
Logistics and Merchandising — FCP Creative & Product Development
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Sesame Street Live!, Jurassic World Live Tour,
Spin Master. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.
To conceptualize, design, render, and illustrate 3D and 2D graphic solutions for merchandise and concession product lines, including sales/photo environments and customer experiences, for all Feld properties. To develop coordinated approaches to products and environments that support Feld Entertainment's brand strategy and the visual identities of our shows. To create initial sketches and color renderings of products, to create illustrations and/or to use existing characters in layouts, and to modify existing designs to match new needs for particular shows. To sculpt concepts (including monster trucks) in 3D software. To create diagrams/layouts for sales and event environments. To create technical specs sheets for final production. To provide technical counsel on pre-press art preparation, to review final art prior to manufacturing stage, and to troubleshoot and resolve production problems. To review production proofs and samples for accuracy. To advise on hardware and software upgrades. To provide project management of process and materials for large multi-part projects, including status reports and tracking. To act as mentor and/or project team lead as needed.
*A Cover Letter is preferred for this role. Essential Job Functions
- Research and development, conceptualization. Developing and proposing 3D and 2D graphic solutions for consumer products and environments, in support of design and branding strategies to meet targeted audience sales goals. Requires researching new product ideas and current marketplace trends, brainstorming creative solutions, and developing modifications to existing products and molds. 25%
- Project management. Providing project management of process and materials for large multi-part projects, including status reports and tracking. Working with colleagues on project teams and assuming co-lead of team as needed. 10%
- Design and production. Designing graphics materials and implementing ideas, delivering completed art and files for production, while working within structured budgets and timelines. Requires hands-on design and production using standard graphics software and 3D sculpting/rendering software. Areas of concentration: illustration, layout, product design, environment design, and packaging. Creating accurate technical specs sheets for final production. May include managing the work of temps or production artists. 45%
- Pre-press and final production review. Reviewing final art, to include that produced by outside designers, to ensure that the materials are accurate and ready for production or manufacturing, according to specs for a particular vendor. Includes confirming vendor specs before files are finalized. Also includes press approvals and proof approvals to ensure graphic quality of final printed/produced materials in various media, including offset printing, lithography, screen printing, and flexography. 5%
- Troubleshooting. Studying and resolving production problems, including misregistration, separation and trapping errors, halftone and resolution problems, color imaging errors. Includes communicating with vendors, printers, and colleagues to troubleshoot problems in the most time- and cost-effective way, whether through written and electronic materials or through verbal exchanges. 3%
- Organization. Maintaining accurate and complete records of work, including but not limited to filing electronic data by job number for archiving. Naming files and annotating printouts for reader clarity. Reporting to manager on job status and identifying areas of concern as early as possible. 10%
- Technical and professional counsel. Keeping up with releases of the latest versions of graphics software and hardware, and advising manager on needs for the same. Identifying and sharing information on opportunities for professional growth (such as conferences and training). Acting as expert information source on design and production. 2%
- Bachelors degree in graphic design, illustration, packaging, toy design, or relevant field OR equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 7+ years experience as designer and/or illustrator in professional environment, such as in-house creative services department or design/advertising agency, where deliverables were created within budget and time constraints.
- Hands-on expertise in graphics and software (including but not limited to Adobe Creative Cloud / Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and 3D/modeling software (SketchUp, Keyshot, Maya, Fusion 360 and ZBrush); and specialized technical knowledge (Pantone color systems, 4-color process printing, cross-platform file conversions, pre-press troubleshooting, plastics and molding, photography, and image manipulation).
- Hands-on experience with 3D (product, package, environment), 2D (print), apparel (hats and t-shirts), and web design and production. Must be able to carry out all phases of design projects, from initial concept through final art and production.
- Strong conceptual, problem-solving, design, illustration, technical and communication skills. Ability to articulate thoughts, illustrate ideas, and prepare concept drawings in traditional (pencil, marker) and electronic (pixel- and vector-based drawing and image manipulation) media.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects in fast-paced environment; strong project management and organization skills.
- Extensive knowledge of import and domestic manufacturing processes, including model sculpting, injection and rotation molding, offset and screen printing.
- Professional portfolio of samples illustrating accomplishments in areas of expertise listed above.
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our employees, customers, and partners worldwide. We celebrate diversity and encourage our profoundly talented workforce to express themselves proudly. Our successful business model requires different perspectives and voices so that we can create the incredible live shows we put on. Come join us and help us light up the world.