Stagehand Swing Technician - Jurassic World Live
Touring Show/Traveling position Ellenton (HQ)
| Full Time
Production & Operations Touring Units — Combined Touring Operations
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice, Disney Live!,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Sesame Street Live!,DreamWorks Trolls The Experience
and Jurassic World LiveTour
. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.
The Swing Technician works backstage assisting in scene changes, stage cues, and show presets determined by the Production Stage Manager in conjunction with the guidelines of best practices during performances. Assists in directing local crews, loading and unloading, and assembling and disassembling of all show equipment. Conducts regular maintenance in an effort to preserve the high integrity and professionalism of the company and its equipment. This position will be working with multiple departments in a variety of capacities as determined by the Production Stage Manager on a semi-regular rotation with other Swing Technicians.
Essential Job Functions
- Work on a rotating schedule with other swing technicians in all departments, including, but not limited to carpentry, rigging, properties, automation, wardrobe, audio, and lighting.
- Directs local crews in loading and unloading; assembling and disassembling show equipment as assigned.
- Shadows other crew members and acts as a sub when deemed necessary by supervisors.
- Follows productions cues in a manner that meets productions standards.
- Complies with all safety and security procedures related to the show and Feld Entertainment Safety policies.
- Accepts all other relevant duties as assigned by supervisor
- At least one-year experience in a backstage setting for a live show or one-year experience in a related setting.
- Understands theatrical terms and directions.
- Knowledge and ability to use hand tools and small motors.
- A general knowledge of multiple disciplines, including but not limited to: lighting, sound, wardrobe, or props.
- Ability to climb, work, and perform repairs at heights up to 40 ft. using a wire rope ladder and safety equipment with a 300 lb. limitation.
- Possess a good attitude, a desire to learn more about the touring industry, and willingness to work outside their prescribed skillset.
- Ability to work as member of team; accept and follow oral, written, and/or diagram instructions.
- Drone flying experience is a plus.
- Ability and desire to tour year-round.
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.