Director of Tax
| Full Time
Financial Planning & Analysis — Domestic Tax Compliance
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice, Disney Live!,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Sesame Street Live!,DreamWorks Trolls The Experience
and Jurassic World LiveTour
. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.
Reporting to the Vice President, Tax Planning & Compliance, the Director of Tax will be responsible for corporate income tax compliance and provision. The role will also be responsible for indirect tax, property tax, and unclaimed property. The responsibilities will include managing tax controversies, providing leadership and evaluating the Company’s global tax positions. Essential Job Functions
- This position is responsible for the Company’s tax compliance, tax planning and accounting for income taxes. Directs and oversees tax policies and objectives.
- Effective interface with management, accounting and service providers to execute position responsibilities.
- Active involvement in continuous process improvement to reduce corporate tax function spend, improve efficiencies and minimize Company’s tax liability while maintaining compliance within all applicable taxing jurisdictions.
- Continuous personal and team development.
- Develops and executes Company’s tax policies and procedures.
- Oversees timely and accurate completion of US Federal, international, state and local income tax returns including all related analysis and support. Identifies opportunities to minimize the organization’s tax liability each year while maintaining compliance with current tax laws.
- Oversee and ensure compliance and timely execution of sales, use and property tax obligations.
- Coordinate with taxing jurisdictions and outside resources as applicable on audits of Federal, international, state and local filings.
- Responsible for accounting for income taxes (income tax provision) in the US and International subsidiaries and coordination with local staff and third parties.
- Responsible for domestic transfer pricing and management fee arrangements.
- Liaise with operating management on tax issues and accounting staff on tax accounting issues.
- Departmental liaison with IT staff on all technical matters relating to tax applications.
- Coordinates with Treasury on tax planning and cash management issues as required.
- Manages and conducts research and planning on current tax laws, advises senior management on the impact of current and proposed company activities and transactions.
- Represents the company on tax audits conducted by outside regulatory agencies.
- Directs and oversees the retention of tax records and other required reports.
- Manage and develop team and build successor candidates. Participate in formulating and successfully implementing goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Accounting. Master’s Degree in Business Taxation, Juris Doctorate, and / or CPA preferred.
- Ten years of related experience (including some international tax) with 2-4 years of this experience gained in a public accounting firm.
- Experience with ERP systems, research software and familiarity with tax preparation software packages.
- Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based, fast paced environment.
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our employees, customers, and partners worldwide. We celebrate diversity and encourage our profoundly talented workforce to express themselves proudly. Our successful business model requires different perspectives and voices so that we can create the incredible live shows we put on. Come join us and help us light up the world.