Touring Show/Traveling position Ellenton (HQ)
| Full Time
Production & Operations Touring Units — Combined Touring Operations
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice, Disney Live!,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Sesame Street Live!,DreamWorks Trolls The Experience
and Jurassic World LiveTour
. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.
PLEASE NOTE: This position remains posted on our website year-round. We may or may not currently have an opening, but we encourage you to submit your resume now in the event one becomes available. We will keep your resume on file and contact you within a year of submitting if your skills and experience meet the job qualifications. You may be contacted via phone or email for any of our touring properties.
The Stagehand Sound controls and operates sound mixing board to control output of voices/voice track and music, and previously taped sound effects during performances. Assists in directing local crews, loading and unloading, and assembling and disassembling of all show equipment, and conducts regular maintenance in an effort to preserve the high integrity and professionalism of the company and its equipment. Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for assembling and disassembling all equipment associated to, but not limited to the sound department.
- Responsible for directing local crews, loading and unloading.
- Operates and maintains all sound equipment.
- Mixes tracked and live elements of the show to specification.
- Mixes show and makes adjustments as warranted.
- Responsible for own professional standards of conduct, appearance, workmanship and personal safety as set forth by Feld Entertainment.
- Responsible for compliance with all safety and security procedures.
- Continually seeks to improve the quality and consistency of the sound of each show.
- Responsible for continually seeking to improve efficiency of sound department operation.
- Responsible for conducting regular maintenance as deemed necessary by supervisors.
- Accepts all other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Some related experience, or combination of training and/or education in sound reinforcement as it relates to live performances. BA or BFA in technical theatre preferred.
- Experience working and supervising in a union environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as sound draftings, signal flow plots, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals, and to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to use and understand various kinds of test equipment and meters such as volt, ohm and ampere.
- Ability to climb and work, focus, adjust and repair at height in excess of 40 feet before, during and after performances, and during rigging calls, load-ins and load-outs.
- Ability and desire to tour year round.
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.