Concession & Retail Manager
Show Unit/Traveling Show
| Full Time
Logistics and Merchandising — FCP Operations
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Jurassic World Live Tour,
Spin Master. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.
Lead and manage a traveling staff of 20 employees and local vendors to achieve the highest sales while providing excellent customer service Coordinate all tour inventory, reporting, financials, communication, and day to day operations while traveling with the show. Ensure that all company policies and procedures including any health and safety mitigation procedures are always being followed. Essential Job Functions
- 1. Maximize venue sales and profitability while maintaining a high quality of customer service:
- Create venue sales plans by reviewing prior results and analyzing attendance projections to develop a strategy, to maximize sales opportunities.
- Negotiate and partner with vendor management to determine sales and support locations.
- Ensure that merchandise display parameters are met at all locations.
- Supervise sales locations, provide guidance and support as needed.
- Ensure proper staffing, reallocate staff assignments as needed.
- Address and resolve any customer concerns in a timely and effective manner.
- Study local markets and recommend price adjustments accordingly.
- 2. Maintain inventory controls and stock levels:
- Project, order, and maintain adequate levels of merchandise based on forecasts.
- Control inventories shrink by ensuring that inventory procedures are followed.
- Ensure all inventory counts and disputes are reported accurately.
- Schedule stock shipments from warehouse to deliver to tour and coordinate.
- Ensure that orders are placed for local supplies as needed.
- 3. Develop proper sales and support staff:
- Manage recruitment efforts for staff & sales personnel.
- Train staff on proper policies and procedures required for their role.
- Model customer service behaviors and train team to deliver 5 Star Service.
- Determine proper number of local agency vendors needed to conduct business and increase sales.
- Ensure that company rules and standards are being followed by all staff and vendors.
- Establish and maintain a positive work atmosphere per company guidelines.
- Evaluate and coach staff for optimal performance.
- 4. Ensure that all company and local health and safety standards are always followed:
- Complete Food Manager training and ensure that all locations and staff are compliant with food service standards.
- Work with venue management and local health department to secure proper permits are secured, if necessary, and requirements communicated to staff.
- Ensure that all staff are following all safety policies and procedures.
- Oversee and follow up on all related mitigation strategies set out from the corporate office.
- 5. Oversee the unit’s accounting and financial responsibilities:
- Ensure that proper bookkeeping procedures are being followed and all documentation complete.
- Schedule timely and safe bank deposits.
- Communicate with the Treasury department on any banking issues.
- Ensure that all reports are completed and submitted in a timely manner.
- Monitor budget expenses and revenue numbers and adjust resources according to achieve financial goals.
- 6. Manage the unit operational and logistical functions:
- Oversee the load in and load out of equipment.
- Develop load plans for trailers to maximize efficiencies and space.
- Coordinate transportation for staff.
- Inspect and maintain all equipment to ensure that all equipment is cleaned and working properly.
- Keep records of any required documentation for international travel.
- Recommend/refine equipment for better efficiency.
- 7. Ensure company rules and standards are followed at all times, including inside venues, hotels, company transportation and while on company property
- 8. Ensure timely and respectful communication is occurring within all areas of the unit:
- Complete all required reports, including sales, venue and staffing and send to VP/Director.
- Communicate any unit issues, concerns, shortages, and successes with the VP/Director.
- Communicate with warehouse as needed.
- Ensure that there is open communication with all departments that support the unit at corporate.
- Communicate any venue issues or concerns promptly with arena management.
- Coordinate with show management to ensure timelines are understood.
- Communicate with staff on a regular basis and address/share any needs that require assistance.
- Ensure open lines of communication with local vendors and any requirements or changes.
- Work with contacts: banks, suppliers, health, and fire inspectors to ensure all requirements are met.
- Resolve any disputes in a calm and professional manner.
- Provide coaching and direction for staff as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years Retail Sales management of 20+ associates.
- 2+ years in a customer service-oriented environment.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Experience in food service (Food Handler or Food Manager Certification a plus).
- Valid Passport (must be able to travel domestically and internationally).
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software and a variety of computer programs.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- The ability to sit and stand for long periods of time, climb stairs, and lift 50lbs. Ability to communicate on various organizational levels with strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under high pressure and quick deadlines.
- Experience in warehouse and inventory management.
- Experience in establishing budgets, sales, and operational plans.
- The ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally 90-100% of the time.
- Multi-lingual a plus.
Given the touring nature of Feld Entertainment’s business, COVID vaccination is strongly encouraged for successful candidates.
International Touring Personnel
To the extent international touring personnel are visiting a jurisdiction that requires vaccination, proof of vaccination in accordance with the relevant international law should be submitted directly to either the Tour Manager or to Human Resources at least six weeks prior to the start of the tour. The Company will maintain all information regarding vaccination status as confidential in accordance with applicable laws. The Company cannot guarantee employment for any Associate who is unable to satisfy foreign entry requirements.
Mitigation Guidelines for touring employees will remain in effect until further notice as do applicable venue, local, state and/or international requirements, rules, regulations and/or laws, if any.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our employees, customers, and partners worldwide. We celebrate diversity and encourage our profoundly talented workforce to express themselves proudly. Our successful business model requires different perspectives and voices so that we can create the incredible live shows we put on. Come join us and help us light up the world.