Technical Operations Manager
| Full Time
Production & Operations Touring Units — Tour Operations - Ice & Stage
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Sesame Street Live!, Jurassic World Live Tour,
Spin Master. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated or be qualified for a medical or religious exemption. Proof of vaccination is required and may be submitted via the Company’s secure website. Florida employees may request exemption pursuant to FL House Bill No. 1-B. Fully vaccinated is defined as 14 days after the second dose of a two dose vaccine or 14 days after the single dose of a one dose vaccine.
Please note that all Mitigation Guidelines for touring employees remain in effect as do any applicable venue, local, state, and/or international requirements, rules, regulations, and/or laws in territories outside of Florida.)
Advises on best-practices for all technical aspects of live show production & operation. Provides support to touring personnel to maximize the efficiency of our technical operations. Oversees the assignment of crew personnel for ice & stage and floor shows Essential Functions
- Creates & maintains best-practice, training, and reference materials for technical aspects of live show production & operations.
- Provides support to touring personnel to maximize operating efficiency.
- Advises on and assists with the creation of show documentation, technical manuals, truck loads, etc.
- Oversees the planning & execution of refurbishment of all touring shows under the direction of Ice & Stage Operations.
- Oversees the assignment / placement of stagehands for all touring shows under the direction of Ice & Stage Operations.
- Advises on industry trends & new technical equipment
- Conducts site visits & technical advance work for new venues in conjunction with show personnel
- Plan and Advise on the set up of the rehearsal halls for all touring shows under the direction of Ice & Stage Operations in conjunction with show support, building operations and show personnel.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Skills & Abilities
- Experience working with and supervising large, multi-national groups, and unionized labor (e.g. Equity, I.A.T.S.E, Teamsters, etc.)
- 10 years experience in technical operations for live touring productions
- Knowledge of MS Office & computer drafting applications
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and passport; and be willing to travel in the U.S. and internationally for weeks at a time
- Knowledge of theatrical terms and directions, stagecraft, lighting, audio engineering, stage set construction, basic wood and metal fabrication, domestic and international logistic planning, basic rigging techniques / safety, visa / immigration processes; and the ability to evaluate ice skating and theatrical performances
- The ability to read, and interpret documents, such as contracts, blueprints, operating / maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, safety manuals, and hiring guidelines
- The ability to write detailed, comprehensive reports & correspondence; and the ability to communicate effectively on all organizational levels. Strong organizational, interpersonal, and time-management skills.
- The ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, and to be able to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to build strong business relationship throughout all organizational levels.
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our employees, customers, and partners worldwide. We celebrate diversity and encourage our profoundly talented workforce to express themselves proudly. Our successful business model requires different perspectives and voices so that we can create the incredible live shows we put on. Come join us and help us light up the world.