Ice Technician - Touring
Show Unit/Traveling Show
| Full Time
Florida Operations & Show Support — Ice Operations
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Jurassic World Live Tour,
Spin Master. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 80 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.
The Ice Floor Technician oversees and performs the installation, removal, and maintenance of portable ice floors worldwide. Must be able to travel 100% of the year. Must maintain and operate the Zamboni, trouble shoot and perform basic repairs to the Chillers, generators, and ice floor systems in accordance with EPA and OSHA regulations and Ice Dept. Operations Best Practices. Supervise and assists labor crews of up to 30 people. The Ice Technician will maintain, repair and refurb all equipment that comes back to the shop. The Ice Technician is expected to perform all duties assigned.
*A resume is required to be considered for this position. Essential Job Functions
- Unloads trucks/containers and builds portable ice floors in each city.
- Breaks down ice floor and loads trucks/containers after last performance in each city.
- Maintains Chiller units during each show (checking electrical components, adjusting and maintaining proper temperatures).
- Ice Technicians perform proper maintenance and repair methods on tour and in the Shop for all Ice Department equipment used.
- Supervises and direct local labor crews of up to 30 people.
- Accepts all other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Knowledge of and experience with basic hand tools; mechanically inclined.
- Ability to supervise large groups of people.
- Strong work ethic.
- Knowledge of compressor, generator, and ice floor units is helpful but not required.
- Ability to work internationally.
- Ability to travel 100% of the year.
- Valid Driver's License.
Given the touring nature of Feld Entertainment’s business, COVID vaccination is strongly encouraged for successful candidates.
International Touring Personnel
To the extent international touring personnel are visiting a jurisdiction that requires vaccination, proof of vaccination in accordance with the relevant international law should be submitted directly to either the Tour Manager or to Human Resources at least six weeks prior to the start of the tour. The Company will maintain all information regarding vaccination status as confidential in accordance with applicable laws. The Company cannot guarantee employment for any Associate who is unable to satisfy foreign entry requirements.
Mitigation Guidelines for touring employees will remain in effect until further notice as do applicable venue, local, state and/or international requirements, rules, regulations and/or laws, if any.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our employees, customers, and partners worldwide. We celebrate diversity and encourage our profoundly talented workforce to express themselves proudly. Our successful business model requires different perspectives and voices so that we can create the incredible live shows we put on. Come join us and help us light up the world.