Art Director - Creative Services
| Full Time
Marketing — Creative Services
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Sesame Street Live!, Jurassic World Live Tour,
Spin Master. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.
Successful candidate affirms that they are/will be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus on or before their first day of employment. Proof of vaccination is required and may be submitted via the Company’s secure website. Fully vaccinated is defined as 14 days after the second dose of a two dose vaccine or 14 days after the single dose of a one dose vaccine.
The Art Director is a conceptual expert and strategic leader who understands how to create and a comprehensive brand campaign for multiple properties. This person is a strong graphic designer with copywriting skillsets. Understands photo layout and concepting and his well versed in font explorations. They have a well-rounded dynamic portfolio demonstrating their holistic campaign & graphic design strategy across all media platforms. They easily pivot to various creative projects, production work, presentation decks and challenges that arise across multiple brands, intellectual licensed properties, and in-house corporate needs. They produce creative and deliver jobs on deadline, using Brand-approved art and style guides they’ve helped create. They inspire creativity with positive reinforcement and respect while having the ability to leverage the strengths of team members for the good of the brand. Essential Job Functions
- Under the direction and guidance of the departments Sr. Art Director lead the creative services team on creative development and approval of marketing campaign assets, social campaigns, corporate decks, web, print and email layout designs.
- Ensures design cohesion and unique best-in-class creative design across all assigned projects.
- Interprets creative briefs and direction provided by Sr. Art Director to execute projects that will impress and go beyond simple entry level designer creative.
- Partners with a team inclusive of other Art Directors, Designers, Copywriters, Photo Producers, and Video Producers to ideate and create impeccable original concepts, copy, and layouts that are sound, strategic and on-brand for the IP across all mediums.
- Manage and directs photo producers and photo shoots to ensure the departments obtains the necessary images to execute desired campaign creative.
- Creates and maintains up-to-date art and style guides for all Feld and Feld Licensed IPs
- Understands that Brand, Global Partnerships, Licensing, and Corporate Communications are clients of the creative service department and is capable of pivoting creative based on business unit feedback.
- The ability to interact, communicate and present ideas to senior leadership and outside partners.
- Maintain an understanding of digital and social trends to inform future content creation and promotion in-regards to collaboration with digital and video teams.
- Prior experience as an Art Director or Senior level Graphic Designer with at 5 to 7 years experience.
- Has a comprehensive portfolio demonstrating strong creative direction, typography, photo direction, and image-making experience in creating campaigns and digital experiences for leading brands is a requirement for application.
- Strategic understanding of current trends within experience design, marketing, branding, digital product design and agile methodologies and ability to translate into impactful creative solutions.
- Experience recruiting talent and developing graphic artists.
- Forward thinking and understanding the emerging tools, technology and business practices for the digital medium, and progressive in learning the application of these tools and practices.
- Excellence in Adobe programs such as Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator on Apple platform is a must.
- Willingness to step in and help staff with day-to-day workload when necessary.
- Strong communications and writing skills.
- Ability to mentor less experienced staff members.
- The ideal candidate must be efficient and able to work in a team atmosphere as well as independently.
- Experience as a traditional illustrator, 3D software knowledge, motion graphics (such as Adobe After Effects), HTML5 experience and/or skills would be a major plus(es).
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our employees, customers, and partners worldwide. We celebrate diversity and encourage our profoundly talented workforce to express themselves proudly. Our successful business model requires different perspectives and voices so that we can create the incredible live shows we put on. Come join us and help us light up the world.