Assistant Manager, Global Communications & Media, Public Relations
| Full Time
Global Media — Public Relations
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Jurassic World Live Tour,
Spin Master. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 80 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.
Assist in providing strategic public relations and media guidance for Feld Entertainment’s global touring shows and corporate enterprise. Support the day-to-day needs of the public relations team. Daily responsibilities include media coverage reporting, managing incoming media requests, database management, oversee media relations needs within the corporate communications/public relations department.
This position will sit onsite at our Ellenton, FL location in Tampa Bay, FL. It is not remote eligible. Essential Job Functions
- Manage media relations within corporate.
- Incoming media requests via phone and email.
- Media Coverage Reporting.
- Database Management.
- Department reporting.
- Global Communications & Media Support with Assets.
- Assist in coordinating the overall public relations efforts for touring shows.
- Assist in developing and writing tools to help effectively promote shows, including performer biographies, press releases and pitch lists.
- Create and manage assets, maintaining the materials in the press room and publicists’ resource site.
- Assist in planning and coordinating media training sessions for performers, staff and crew on tour.
- Special Projects- corporate events, company focused interviews at Feld Entertainment Studios.
- Additional duties relevant to the position as assigned by Supervisor.
- Assist in media pitching for corporate and brands as needed.
- College degree required (PR, Journalism, Communications or English major preferred.)
- 3-4 years of public relations experience, with emphasis on creating and producing the components of a robust PR plan.
- Familiarity with media relations and web-based PR tools a plus.
- Extremely strong written and oral communication skills.
- Highly flexible, resourceful and organized with strong project and time management skills.
- Ability to interface with multiple levels within and outside Feld Entertainment. Strong interpersonal skills. Team orientation.
- Ability to manage heavy workload, multiple projects simultaneously and be fiscally responsible to approved budget.
- Ability to adapt within a changing organization.
- Willingness to travel (approximately 25% of time.)
Given the touring nature of Feld Entertainment’s business, COVID vaccination is strongly encouraged for successful candidates.
International Touring Personnel
To the extent international touring personnel are visiting a jurisdiction that requires vaccination, proof of vaccination in accordance with the relevant international law should be submitted directly to either the Tour Manager or to Human Resources at least six weeks prior to the start of the tour. The Company will maintain all information regarding vaccination status as confidential in accordance with applicable laws. The Company cannot guarantee employment for any Associate who is unable to satisfy foreign entry requirements.
Mitigation Guidelines for touring employees will remain in effect until further notice as do applicable venue, local, state and/or international requirements, rules, regulations and/or laws, if any.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our employees, customers, and partners worldwide. We celebrate diversity and encourage our profoundly talented workforce to express themselves proudly. Our successful business model requires different perspectives and voices so that we can create the incredible live shows we put on. Come join us and help us light up the world.