Assistant Concession & Retail Manager
Show Unit/Traveling Show
| Full Time
Logistics and Merchandising — FCP Operations
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Jurassic World Live Tour,
Spin Master. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.
Assist managing the day-to-day operations and sales team while on traveling tour. Responsible for equipment maintenance, coordinating logistics, maintaining proper inventory and controls. Oversee the tour’s inventory and distribution team members. Train and mentor other staff members. Ensure that all company policies and procedures including any health and safety mitigation procedures are always being followed. Essential Job Functions
- 1. Responsible for all keeping all concessions, merchandise, and photo equipment in proper working order:
- Ensure that all equipment is clean, working properly, displayed and store properly.
- Verify that all music systems are working properly.
- Maintain stand equipment inventory for all locations.
- Repair and replace broken display equipment.
- Maintain equipment carnet information as required for international travel.
- Communicate any trailer repairs to Manager and show personnel.
- 2. Oversee tour’s transportation needs to ensure that all equipment is accounted for and transported:
- Responsible for coordination and communication related to transportation of inventory and equipment to ensure that it is properly moved as needed.
- Ensure that all procedures and all safety protocols are followed during the load in and load out process in and around the trailers.
- Coordinate the placement of the trailers, ice merchandisers, vehicles and any equipment needed as required by the venue staff.
- Responsible for making sure the company vehicle is clean and properly maintained.
- 3. Oversees hotel accommodations, room assignments and policy enforcement for all staff:
- Ensures compliance of all company standards, policies and procedures related to hotels.
- Assigns rooms for staff, communicates with housing/hotel staff, and distributes keys.
- Assists team members with issues related to company housing/hotel concerns, communicates concerns with Manager as needed and follows up as required.
- 4. Responsible for maintaining unit inventory, stock levels and that proper inventory documentation is completed:
- Ensure that all procedures are followed, and all documentation is completed correcting when stock is issued to locations.
- Verify that all stock handling policies and procedures are followed by staff.
- Conduct inventory audits of locations to verify inventory levels as requested or required.
- Reallocate stock as needed to reduce excess stock at locations.
- 5. Responsible for the purchasing and ordering of all local commodities needed for each venue:
- Determine products and quantities required for upcoming venues based on inventory levels and forecasted attendance.
- Verify invoices are correct, submit for payment, and provide payments when necessary.
- Place orders for products with the proper vendor or department.
- Communicate any equipment and spare parts needs to Manger/Director and place orders if required.
- 6. Responsible for ensuring that all sales locations are placed and set up properly.
- Ensure that all stands have proper electrical requirements for set up.
- Verify that all lighting and sound equipment has power and is working properly at each location.
- 7. Oversee sanitation protocols on the sales floor, trailers/containers and all department areas:
- Ensure that all locations have the proper sanitation supplies required.
- Conduct sanitation checks in areas to ensure that proper food handler guidelines are followed at all times.
- Assist with local agency and venue inspections and ensure that all requirements are met and communicated to staff.
- Make sure that locations have tools/equipment to keep trash organized and coordinate pick up procedures with venue staff.
- 8. Supervise concourse sales at all stands during performances:
- Verify that all locations are set up according to specifications and merchandising standards.
- Observe sales floor and customer traffic, ensure that all staff provide a professional, positive, 5 Star customer service experience.
- Continuously promote upbeat and positive attitude towards sales.
- Ensure all sales personnel are in the correct uniform and selling areas.
- Provide support to staff as needed.
- Provide recommendations to Manager and staff for improving sales based on observations.
- Address and resolve any customer concerns in a timely and effective manner.
- 9. Responsible for compliance with the tour’s Mitigation Guidelines:
- Coordinate with the Tour Safety Coordinator that all guidelines and protocols are met.
- Communicate with staff current policies, procedures, and venue requirements regarding mitigation efforts.
- Ensure that all mitigation policies are followed and comply with company and venue policies.
- Document how mitigation was implemented in each venue in post engagement report.
- 10. Oversee local or agency vendors to ensure a quality guest experience:
- Responsible for securing the correct number of vendors needed for each engagement based on sales and attendance forecasts.
- Observe vendors to ensure that all policies and procedures are being followed in all areas.
- Issue vendor uniforms, ensure that that are worn properly, and receive uniforms back at the end of the shift.
- Associate Degree in Business or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of retail/food management.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Valid Passport (must be able to travel domestically and internationally).
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software and a variety of computer programs.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Multi-lingual a plus.
- The ability to sit and stand for long periods of time, climb stairs, and lift 50lbs.
- Ability to communicate on various organizational levels with strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under high pressure and quick deadlines.
- Experience in food service (Food Handler or Food Manager Certification a plus)
- The ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally 90-100% of the time.
Given the touring nature of Feld Entertainment’s business, COVID vaccination is strongly encouraged for successful candidates.
International Touring Personnel
To the extent international touring personnel are visiting a jurisdiction that requires vaccination, proof of vaccination in accordance with the relevant international law should be submitted directly to either the Tour Manager or to Human Resources at least six weeks prior to the start of the tour. The Company will maintain all information regarding vaccination status as confidential in accordance with applicable laws. The Company cannot guarantee employment for any Associate who is unable to satisfy foreign entry requirements.
Mitigation Guidelines for touring employees will remain in effect until further notice as do applicable venue, local, state and/or international requirements, rules, regulations and/or laws, if any.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our employees, customers, and partners worldwide. We celebrate diversity and encourage our profoundly talented workforce to express themselves proudly. Our successful business model requires different perspectives and voices so that we can create the incredible live shows we put on. Come join us and help us light up the world.