Senior Photo Producer
| Full Time
Marketing — Creative Services
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Sesame Street Live!, Jurassic World Live Tour,
Spin Master. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.
Successful candidate affirms that they are/will be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus on or before their first day of employment. Proof of vaccination is required and may be submitted via the Company’s secure website. Fully vaccinated is defined as 14 days after the second dose of a two dose vaccine or 14 days after the single dose of a one dose vaccine.
The Senior Photo Producer manages and directs all photo shoots and photo library requests entrusted to the Creative Services Department. Manages the planning, production, and post-production of photography. Manages all creative photo assets both archived and new. Responsible for creating shoot budgets including negotiation, review of estimates and reconciliation post shoot. Collaborates with art directors, designers, video producers, Brand, Global Partnerships and PR along with external partners to ensure the collective vision is articulated, planned for, and expertly and efficiently realized. Responsible for editing and retouching imagery to company and partner standards and creating approved selections to be used across media assets. Ensures all legal releases are obtained and properly documented. Creates and maintains image catalogs to archive current and prior projects. Essential Job Functions
- Manages all aspects of the photo team. Establish standards for performance projects or activities; assess current systems and refine as necessary to maintain a high degree of productivity and client satisfaction.
- Oversee management of all image files and catalogs. Evaluates current library system and makes suggestions on more efficient systems in partnership with IT, Designers, and Media Management team. Assess hardware and software needs on an on-going basis.
- Manages the fulfillment of images as requested. Select/edit imagery to Brand approved guidelines. Obtain proper approvals/rights for image use; create and/or order high quality custom enlargements as required; scan, manipulate, and transmit digital images as needed.
- Produce and direct all new photo shoots as requested working with teams’ art directors, live show producers, touring ops, casting and performance directors. Set up and organize all shoots including but not limited to budgeting, hiring photographer, creating call sheets, handling travel and catering logistics, set up production meetings, and handle end use file handling and delivery. Must have a strong eye for composition and the ability to translate concepts into tangible plans.
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to direct executives, performers, and audience members.
- Ability to edit photos on location and comfortable editing a high volume of images.
- Determine retouching and archive needs; manage and organize retouch process; follow departmental workflow for naming, classifying, key wording, and storing images; retouch images according to brand guidelines.
- As needed, act as in-house photographer.
- Must have a college degree in Fine Arts or Journalism with substantial study in traditional and digital photography, or relevant work experience that includes photo editing and photo research. 5+ years photo industry experience and familiarity with location photography and setting up large scale commercial photo shoots are required; experience with stock photo research and photo retouching capabilities required.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with an attention to detail are a necessity, as well as, a flexible and team-oriented attitude in a rapidly changing and demanding environment. Able to share skills with others and has experience managing, coaching and mentoring two or more associates/ temps/ freelancers. Willingness to take direction.
- Familiarity with archival procedures for digital assets for the purpose of maintaining an extensive photo collection.
- Knowledge of photo rights and ability to negotiate rates and uses.
- Ability to shoot photos in varied environments, knowledge, and expertise with lighting as well as natural light situations.
- Expert experience with all aspects of location based photo shoot production.
- Experience working within both Mac and Windows operating systems, proficiency in the full suite of Microsoft Office applications, and Adobe Suite including but not limited to Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, & Filemaker pro. A general understanding of database operations.
- Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail, ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Familiarity with copyright standards and procedures.
- Must be self-motivated and can work with minimal supervision to accomplish goals and manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays and travel for extended periods of time throughout the year.
- Abilty to stand for long periods of time and carry up to 50lbs.
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our employees, customers, and partners worldwide. We celebrate diversity and encourage our profoundly talented workforce to express themselves proudly. Our successful business model requires different perspectives and voices so that we can create the incredible live shows we put on. Come join us and help us light up the world.