Art Director - 3D Animation & Motion Graphics
| Full Time
Marketing — Creative Services
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Sesame Street Live!, Jurassic World Live Tour,
Spin Master. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated or be qualified for a medical or religious exemption. Proof of vaccination is required and may be submitted via the Company’s secure website. Florida employees may request exemption pursuant to FL House Bill No. 1-B. Fully vaccinated is defined as 14 days after the second dose of a two dose vaccine or 14 days after the single dose of a one dose vaccine.
Please note that all Mitigation Guidelines for touring employees remain in effect as do any applicable venue, local, state, and/or international requirements, rules, regulations, and/or laws in territories outside of Florida.)
The Art Director is a conceptual expert and strategic leader who understands how to create a comprehensive brand campaign for multiple properties. This person is a strong 3D animator and motion graphic designer. Is an expert compositor, and modeler and is well versed in font explorations. They have a well-rounded dynamic portfolio demonstrating their holistic design strategy across 2D & 3D video and character animations with the goal of enhancing video productions, live event LED displays, corporate videos, social and digital content. Will maintain broadcast-quality graphics, logo animations, and character animation on both 2D and 3D platforms. Capable of sketching and storyboarding concepts to implementation of computer-generated concepts. Utilizes 3D and 2D resources to expedite projects but also has the creative vision and skill set to completely design original concepts that meet or exceed producers' direction. They easily pivot to various creative projects, production work, presentations, and challenges that arise across multiple brands, intellectual licensed properties, and in-house corporate needs. They produce creative and deliver jobs on deadline, using Brand-approved art and style guides they’ve helped create. They inspire creativity with positive reinforcement and respect while having the ability to leverage the strengths of team members for the good of the brand. Must be able to take direction, receive constructive creative feedback and be able to work within a fast-paced team environment. Essential Functions
- Under the direction and guidance of the departments, Art Director leads the creative services team on creative development and approval of 2D/3D motion graphics, animation, and conceptual truck designs for broadcast television, high volume video services, and live event graphics, and fleet operations.
- Ensures design cohesion and unique best-in-class creative design across all assigned projects.
- Interprets creative briefs and direction provided by Sr. Art Director & Producers to execute projects that will impress and go beyond simple entry-level designer creative.
- Partners with a team inclusive of other Art Directors, Designers, Copywriters, and Video Producers to ideate and create impeccable original concepts, storyboards, broadcast graphical packages, and photoreal animations.
- Train, manage, and direct sr. designers, motion graphic artists, and animators to be more efficient and experts at their crafts.
- Creates and maintains up-to-date art and style guides for all Feld Broadcast, Digital, and In Venue assets.
- Understands that Brand, Global Partnerships, Licensing, and Corporate Communications are clients of the creative service department and are capable of pivoting creative based on business unit feedback.
- The ability to interact, communicate and present ideas to senior leadership and outside partners.
- Maintain an understanding of broadcast, live event, digital and social trends to inform future content creation in-regards to collaboration with digital and video teams.
- BA Degree in Animation, motion graphics, or Film
- Agency Experience creating 3D Product animations, 3D Logo Animations and modeling, Car or truck Models and animations and TV Broadcast Network ID’s logos and score boards.
- Prior experience as an Art Director or Senior level 3D Animator Motion Graphic Designer with 5 to 7 years experience.
- Having a comprehensive portfolio demonstrating strong creative direction, modeling, logo creation, and broadcast graphics and digital experiences for leading brands or networks is a requirement for application.
- Experience recruiting talent and developing graphic artists.
- Forward-thinking and understanding of the emerging tools, technology, and business practices for the digital medium, and progressive in learning the application of these tools and practices.
- Expert in Cinema 4D or Maya 3D, and in tracking and compositing in Adobe After Effects
- Expert skills in Adobe After Effects, Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop
- Excellence in Adobe programs such as Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator on the Apple platform is a must.
- Willingness to step in and help staff with the day-to-day workload when necessary.
- Strong communications and writing skills.
- Ability to mentor less experienced staff members.
- The ideal candidate must be efficient and able to work in a team atmosphere as well as independently.
- Experience as a traditional illustrator, 3D software knowledge, motion graphics (such as Adobe After Effects), HTML5 experience, and/or skills would be a major plus(es).
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our employees, customers, and partners worldwide. We celebrate diversity and encourage our profoundly talented workforce to express themselves proudly. Our successful business model requires different perspectives and voices so that we can create the incredible live shows we put on. Come join us and help us light up the world.