Domestic Transportation Manager
| Full Time
Logistics and Merchandising — Domestic Transportation
Feld Entertainment® is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, Disney On Ice, Disney Live!,
Marvel Universe LIVE!, Sesame Street Live!,DreamWorks Trolls The Experience
and Jurassic World LiveTour
. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit feldentertainment.com
for more information.
The Domestic Transportation Manager is responsible for the movement of show equipment and personnel for Feld Entertainment touring properties as well as any contracted projects. This position has primary responsibility for domestic transportation budgets for all assigned properties. Must be able to manage multiple tasks concurrently. Some travel is necessary. Must be willing to work outside of normal office hours and handle operational issues as they arise 24/7. Essential Job Functions
- Directly manage the movement of touring shows in North America including facilitating all movement of touring equipment and personnel as required.
- Advanced logistical planning and regular monitoring of touring units & vendor activities during the execution of engagement city movements.
- Plan, maintain, and regularly update, the relevant portions of the Transportation budgets: including providing weekly financial reports and analysis information.
- Maintain & develop ongoing relationships with carrier partners. Negotiate transportation rates, service and contract terms with vendors. Process invoices & track payments in conjunction with AP.
- Utilize proposed routes and operational parameters to develop mileage, logistical plans and communicate information to internal partners.
- Assist in securing and managing the logistics of special domestic moves: PR events, equipment repair, new production needs, etc.
- Provide input and analysis on ways to optimize current operations.
- Assist with other Transportation related responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in Logistics or equivalent combination of education and 4-6 years’ work experience.
- Transportation & Logistic experience: 4-6 years Touring show or 6-8 years Industry.
- Exhibit strength in financial/accounting principles.
- Advanced skills in Excel including Pivot tables, Macros and Formulas required. Smartsheet experience preferred.
- Preferred vehicle mechanical understanding and maintenance practice experience.
- Knowledge in areas of DOT Compliance plus.
- Strong Communication and Organizational Skills.
- Must exhibit strong crisis management abilities and appropriate reactions.
Feld Entertainment is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our employees, customers, and partners worldwide. We celebrate diversity and encourage our profoundly talented workforce to express themselves proudly. Our successful business model requires different perspectives and voices so that we can create the incredible live shows we put on. Come join us and help us light up the world.